Home

Just Noticed the MyPlayer Skill Caps...Trading this game in today

This is a discussion on Just Noticed the MyPlayer Skill Caps...Trading this game in today within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-03-2014, 12:09 PM   #1
Rookie

minwager's Arena

OVR: 0
Just Noticed the MyPlayer Skill Caps...Trading this game in today

This is outright ridiculous. I was already irritated with their shoving VC down my throat, never being able to connect to the 2K servers, and my game crashing every 10 minutes causing progress loss. Then, after upgrading my MyPlayer's attributes after a game, I noticed that pretty much every single stat capped off at or around 92. At that moment, I was stricken with the confirmation of what money hungry bastards 2K have become over the years since the addition of this atrocious Virtual Currency system. What these caps mean is that if you want your player to be at full potential on the court and get any stat past the cap, you have to constantly purchase temporary boosts which only last a few games. Just another reason to get us to keep spending VC and influence us to pay for more.

I swear to god, it's like I'm playing a free-to-play game at this point with all these restrictions and micro transactions. They are pushing VC way too hard, there is just no way to properly enjoy all this game has to offer anymore. With this **** tied to one bank, you have to sacrifice putting points into your MyPlayer if you want to do stuff in MyGM or buy packs in MyTeam. These should all be separate experiences and I shouldn't constantly feel like I'm grinding to enjoy what, under all of this crap, is a great basketball game. So yeah, I'm done with their bull****, getting rid of my copy. I really hope they get their act together come next year, or else it'll just be another 2K basketball game I won't be buying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2014, 12:21 PM   #2
Rookie

SimBaller's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Just Noticed the MyPlayer Skill Caps...Trading this game in today

Would you rather have 7'5 Centers doing crossovers like Iverson in his prime? Pretty sure you, and most others, don't want that.

The reality is, there never has been, nor will there ever be a player that is perfect in every attribute.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:23 PM   #3
Rookie

Str0mTropper's Arena

Ha, you must have never played 2k11, 2k12 or 2k13. Cause They ALL had caps! And if you're good at the game you can easily get 1,500-3,000 VC a game in MyCareer, so don't use that as an excuse about buying VC.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:28 PM   #4
Rookie

minwager's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
Would you rather have 7'5 Centers doing crossovers like Iverson in his prime? Pretty sure you, and most others, don't want that.

The reality is, there never has been, nor will there ever be a player that is perfect in every attribute.
I'm not saying there shouldn't be caps at all. I am aware there have always been caps to keep things like that from happening. What I'm saying is that you can't get to a 99 in ANY attribute at all no matter what position you play. So my PG will never reach full potential in his 3 Point shot unless I keep boosting it with every few games by spending VC on boost packs. It's never been like this before. I know players aren't supposed to be perfect in ALL aspects, but the fact that you can't be an expert in ANY aspect in this one ticks me off.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:28 PM   #5
Pro

I agree with your VC frustrations, but skill caps have been around before VC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2014, 12:30 PM   #6
Rookie

minwager's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadzier
I agree with your VC frustrations, but skill caps have been around before VC.
Read above.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:39 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by minwager
I'm not saying there shouldn't be caps at all. I am aware there have always been caps to keep things like that from happening. What I'm saying is that you can't get to a 99 in ANY attribute at all no matter what position you play. So my PG will never reach full potential in his 3 Point shot unless I keep boosting it with every few games by spending VC on boost packs. It's never been like this before. I know players aren't supposed to be perfect in ALL aspects, but the fact that you can't be an expert in ANY aspect in this one ticks me off.
I know you're going to hate this advice, but they have a web arm band that gives you +2 3 point attribute to each arm you wear it. You can get +4 by wearing it on both arms. Add this to the 92 cap and you're always at 96. Now, if you honestly think there's a noticeable difference between 99 and 96.. That's insane. You will still miss open shots with perfect timing, don't think that will change.

The one that pisses me off is the speed attribute price. I have to play 3 games in order to get enough vc to put it up by 1 point. It's in the thousands. My player is so slow lol
Old 01-03-2014, 12:46 PM   #8
Pro

Not to mention signature skills

Deadeye level 3 increases make % even with defender jumping late to block you
Shot creator increases make % with defender draped on you
Catch and shoot, self explanatory

Yea, they cost vc.. But vc can be achieved for free. Those who buy, do it because they like to waste money and get a quicker advantage. IMO

If they were really money hungry bastards, there wouldn't be caps on anything.. Thus, allowing you to have to earn, or buy vc to fill up those non capped attributes

Maybe there's a different between speed 96 and 99.. But when it comes to shooting. Those 3 points don't mean jack

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »