Home

Old 01-02-2014, 11:21 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
WR fade

I have a bunch of big receivers and a good size receiving tight end, but I can't seem to execute the fade route no matter what I do. I make sure the receiver is isolated one-on-one with the DB and I hot route to the "fade"and I lob it up. I don't think I've completed one single fade route into the end zone yet. It always seems to go out of bounds. Has anyone had any success running the fade?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2014, 12:31 AM   #2
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: WR fade

Because of the way fades are executed in this game, I have had to find a different solution for this.
I don't do the traditional fade anymore, but I am able to complete a 'fade' of sorts in short situations now. Call any short/quick passing play, but when you get to the line, hot route your receiver to a streak. If they are in press man, there should be a fight at the line. As soon as you can, throw a lob pass with a lead almost straight to the sideline.

This is the only realistic way I've found. I had Brandon Coleman and Doral Green-Beckham (both 6'6" 220) and I had an almost 50-60% success rate with an interception every once in a while vs good CBs.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:35 AM   #3
Rookie

fades are actually broken and glitchy. when you get inside the 25 yardline put a slot wr on a fade and when he gets to the goaline bullet pass outside and user catch it. very tough to stop
Old 01-03-2014, 01:26 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by allhailben7
Because of the way fades are executed in this game, I have had to find a different solution for this.
I don't do the traditional fade anymore, but I am able to complete a 'fade' of sorts in short situations now. Call any short/quick passing play, but when you get to the line, hot route your receiver to a streak. If they are in press man, there should be a fight at the line. As soon as you can, throw a lob pass with a lead almost straight to the sideline.

This is the only realistic way I've found. I had Brandon Coleman and Doral Green-Beckham (both 6'6" 220) and I had an almost 50-60% success rate with an interception every once in a while vs good CBs.
I've done this several times and this is kind of the way a fade route is supposed to work. A WR with good BPR rating is good for this play, they don't necessarily have to be big or tall. Steve Smith was great for executing that play for me before he retired. And they have to be in press coverage or it won't work.

But, what I was referring to in my original post is the classic fade route to a tall WR or TE in the corner of the endzone. Does this play just not work on Madden?
Old 01-03-2014, 09:09 AM   #5
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbranson
I've done this several times and this is kind of the way a fade route is supposed to work. A WR with good BPR rating is good for this play, they don't necessarily have to be big or tall. Steve Smith was great for executing that play for me before he retired. And they have to be in press coverage or it won't work.

But, what I was referring to in my original post is the classic fade route to a tall WR or TE in the corner of the endzone. Does this play just not work on Madden?
I've had classic fades work, but you have to throw it *after* the route is over. I figured it out a while back with Jordan Cameron, but it's not how it's supposed to be. The receiver finishes his route and starts to turn around or run or something, and it usually ends up being a good jump ball play. That's another version, but it usually ends up to the inside, which is also wrong.

I remember NCAA 11 or 10 had the perfect tall wr fade gameplay. It got abused, then patched and I haven't seen it in either NCAA or Madden since.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2014, 10:00 AM   #6
Rookie

BleedingGreen83's Arena

I've had no issues. I think it's all about timing. Just as thru break out I push up and out and tap the button. They don't always get it, but they usually have a decent chance.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:51 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

Funny...I find that in the NFL the fade rarely works unless its Megatron...I hate when the Giants call it...never works...

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 01-03-2014, 03:19 PM   #8
MVP

it is statistically, one of the least effective ways of scoring a TD in the real NFL. PFF did a study on case routes a few years ago. of the the afferent types of passing routes there are, it is the least likely to be caught in bounds, caught but fall out of bounds or even have a WR get both hands on the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
Funny...I find that in the NFL the fade rarely works unless its Megatron...I hate when the Giants call it...never works...
agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingGreen83
I've had no issues. I think it's all about timing. Just as thru break out I push up and out and tap the button. They don't always get it, but they usually have a decent chance.
now, i have become relatively successful at doing it. i have to 6'6" red zone threat WRs (and used to have 6'8" shady monroe). i always know what kind of CB i'm up against. if they're short and/or not great at jumping, i put my tall WRs in near the goal line.

then, it's a question of timing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »