Home

Best young 3-4 LBs

This is a discussion on Best young 3-4 LBs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-29-2013, 09:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Best young 3-4 LBs

Just started a jags dynasty and switched the scheme to a 3-4. Obviously I am missing a very good pass rusher at this point. Are there some young players that you guys usually develop that I should be looking for? This could be players that are have success with getting pressure on the QB. Preferably a player who is 2nd or 3rd on a depth chart.

Post your favorite 3-4 pass rusher here! Thanks for your help in advance!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2013, 10:00 PM   #2
Just started!

Re: Best young 3-4 LBs

I run a 4-3 in my franchise, but I poached Dontay Moch from the Cardinals and switched him from ROLB to DE. he's got 90 speed and 87 ACC. his BSH and FMV/PMVs need work, but if you develop him for a year or two he'll be an absolute stud at getting to the QB. He's pretty young and has low OVR so when his contract ends you can generally sign him on the cheap for a really long time.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:36 PM   #3
Rookie

Brian Orakpo and Ryan Kerrigan are both studs on the Redskins. They are 3-4 OLBs.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:34 AM   #4
Rookie

No Wayy Andre's Arena

Don't know if he's been taken out of recent roster updates but I love me some Aaron Maybin. He's on my Chargers in Year 1 still and he's looking like the answer at LOLB. Yes, the left side racks up a lot of sacks, but I usually control him myself. Doesn't play much on running downs. He's obviously raw given that he's in the CFL after busting out of the NFL, but his athleticism is awesome. Can quickly develop if you let him get to the QB.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:29 PM   #5
Rookie

Thunder Bug's Arena

Melvin Ingram is a beast on the Charger roster, he tends to be stuck behind Jarret Johnson for the 1st season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2014, 12:56 PM   #6
Just started!

Nick Perry from the Packers becomes a great pass rusher for me. I take him in any fantasy draft where I run an Attacking 34, and he usually get 10-12 sacks for me, and he can adequately cover.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:31 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 1

when it comes to the generated drafts, finding 34OLBs who are good pass rushers is very hard. i've all but given up. i draft 43DEs who have old ACC (85 or above) and switch them to 34OLB.

i've found so many this way. i try to only draft them if they're less than 270LBs as they're a bit big otherwise.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:13 PM   #8
Pro

I hate to keep hyping his guy up, but Cornelius Washington who plays DE for Chicago is awesome. His physical skill set is outstanding, but his intangibles are lacking. He's better suited to be a pass rusher, but he played OLB in college, so he still has some decent coverage skills. They definitely need work, but he's good enough for a few pass rushing snaps every game until you can increase his intangibles. I have him on my team as a defensive end and play him at DT on passing downs. I'm trying to groom him for a starting position next season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »