Home

Kotaku now calling out 2K. This problem is now 'big'

This is a discussion on Kotaku now calling out 2K. This problem is now 'big' within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #1
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Kotaku now calling out 2K. This problem is now 'big'

"2K Sports has long battled online connectivity problems, and they plague its flagship title even as we speak. Multiplying the problem is how NBA 2K on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 ties its gamesaves to online servers. You can play singleplayer modes without the 2K servers, but it requires creating a new gamesave while offline. The new Virtual Credit system seems to steer users toward, if not require, microtransaction purchases even for mundane activities; each week fills my inbox with outrage directed at this bizarre, poorly balanced. 2K Sports seems to admit this weekly by offering "locker codes" to gamers through social media to boost their stores of VC. Add it all up and this series has done the most of any, by far, to squander its advantage heading into the new console generation."

http://kotaku.com/sports-video-games...ium=Socialflow
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2013, 08:31 PM   #2
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Kotaku now calling out 2K. This problem is now 'big'

I still wouldn't say the problem is big or publicly out there because that paragraph can get lost in the shuffle in that article talking about sports gaming in general.

This issue needs it's own article, much more than a paragraph.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:38 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

IGN needs to call them out.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:42 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

Props to Kotaku
Old 12-29-2013, 08:47 PM   #5
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

dont know what that website is...never heard of it but mad props.

game informer "sort of" called 2k out earlier today, but if IGN does it 2k's rep is going to get shot and EA is going to have a MASSIVE opportunity to become the #1 basketball franchise if they put out a mildly decent product next year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2013, 09:10 PM   #6
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11

game informer "sort of" called 2k out earlier today, but if IGN does it 2k's rep is going to get shot and EA is going to have a MASSIVE opportunity to become the #1 basketball franchise if they put out a mildly decent product next year
Yes and no. The simple fact is 2K release a good basketball experience. The best we have. EA can't release anything close right now. I'm not holding my breath for EA to have any big changes to make their game good next year, and I'm certain most basketball/video game enthusiasts aren't either. With that said - we're stuck with 2K acting like unapologetic despots.

They're not done flooding all of their social media avenues with machinations to quell the people who in fact eat their garbage with a spoon. When they are, which in my estimation will be in a couple of months or so, then the people who are still unhappy will be closer to a new NG title and the sting will be a little less severe. A few months later we'll be reminded of the new 2K that's in the works, and the cycle is complete. Meanwhile lots of us will still be saying things like 'Hopefully this is the year we can finally get accessory and shoe colors to be accurate. Maybe even headbands too!'

Bottom line is that 2K are our only option, and I'd sooner have to swallow their crap than not play a basketball game. I know I'm not alone.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11

EA doesn't have a shot either sadly. We still can't trust a word they say either and if they get past that hurdle they still have no idea how to make a basketball game these days.

Teams
NBA: Cleveland Cavaliers - 2016 NBA Champions
NFL: Cleveland Browns
MLB: Cleveland Indians
NCAA BB: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cleveland St. Vikings
NCAA FB: Ohio State Buckeyes
Old 12-29-2013, 09:12 PM   #8
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

IMO thats what the problem is, 2k is the ONLY option...sure EA has a game, but its an utter pile of crap at this point. i wouldnt play it if i got it for free

2k was great back when live put out games people liked...once EA shut down live 2-3 years ago the service we know as 2k basketball turned into a monopolistic money grabbing pile of steaming crap customer support

in all honesty, if the gameplay is good im buying 2k and playing it if i have career/gm/association to play, even if their services are crap...because EA has nothing to compete with

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »