Home

My I'm going to 2014 CES Show Q&A thread about MLB 14 The Show

This is a discussion on My I'm going to 2014 CES Show Q&A thread about MLB 14 The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #1
Banned

FreezeTime's Arena

OVR: 7
My I'm going to 2014 CES Show Q&A thread about MLB 14 The Show

****I have official confirmation the game will not be at the show at all. Russell was not able to tell me earlier how these things work. Again, not even the Vita version is here.**** Mods should probably lock this thread.

It's almost that time of year again. CES is January 7th-10th and I will be there all 4 days. Ask me any questions you have about MLB 14 The Show on PS3, PS4 and Vita and I will do my best to get them all answered. I am starting the thread early this year to give more people a chance since there were some that missed it last time.

I am not only there to play MLB 14 The Show. I am there to enjoy all of what CES has to offer. Just like in years past, I am doing the Q&A for all the loyal fans of the game and this website. I am not employed by SCEA or OS. If I miss one of your questions, feel free to repeat it. I will try to update while I am at CES but it's a lot easier to answer everything on my laptop at the end of each day. I will do my best to play each version of the game equally but will most likely play whichever version gets the most questions here more than the others.

Now that that's out of the way, feel free to ask your questions. I will post screens and videos only if I am allowed and just like years past, I will answer all questions the way Russell wants them so if he says no comment or whatever, that's the answer you will get.

Last edited by FreezeTime; 01-07-2014 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Updated with bad news.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #2
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: My I'm going to 2014 CES Show Q&A thread about MLB 14 The Show

This goes for both PS3 and PS4.

Q: Player photos. Will they give us the option of Cyber Photos this year? (if it's not all cyber as default like some have asked for) Or will it be the same as 13? Thanks Man.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #3
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16

Thanks for this...can you ask if the PS4 version still includes the ability to play any game from any team's schedule as a cpu v cpu matchup please?

This was something that 2K took out of their PS4 version of NBA and really killed that aspect of the game for me...I'm hoping that SCEA won't have done anything similar, but if you could check that it's still in there that would be really appreciated

Thanks
Old 12-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #4
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

How many uniform slots for PS4?

Really hoping all of the Brewers jerseys make it in.

ALT 1 - Home Gold jersey with Brewers wording (Wasn't in '13)
ALT 2 - Home Navy jersey with Brewers wording (Wasn't in '13)
ALT 3 - Away Navy jersey with Milwaukee wording
ALT 4 - Blue color needs to be darker than in '13 game
Attached Images
File Type: png NLC-Uniform-MIL.png (14.8 KB, 682 views)

Last edited by The Kid 24; 12-27-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #5

NewNapkin's Arena

OVR: 9

Will Road to The Show still have that "tiered-difficulty" feature? (if you play on All-Star, AA is Veteran, AAA is All Star, MLB is HoF)

For some reason it really bugged me this year (even though I could sort of counter it..)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2013, 04:14 PM   #6
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

OVR: 7

No questions, but looking forward to any impressions you'll be allowed to give when CES is over.
Enjoy and thanks!
Old 12-26-2013, 04:39 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

1. Will players have the ability to move the PCI while swinging
2. Will there be increased swing follow through variation.
3. Will we have the ability to control effort while using pulse pitching.
4. Will minor leaguers be their real counterparts but with different names ala NCAA games.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:43 PM   #8
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

I pretty much ask these same questions every year but I guess I will keep asking until they are all added to the game lol

The following questions are all for the PS4 version of the game.

1. Is the Pitch Count always shown on the scorebug or anywhere else on the screen during gameplay all the time?

2. Does the batter Due up overlay between innings show stats like 3 for 4, 2 for 4, 0 for 4 under the batters names who are due up next inning?

3. When a batter hits a Home Run does a stat overlay popup while the batter is rounding the bases saying something like "2 Run Home Run Derek Jeter 7th This Season"? Is it more like what you sometimes see on real TV baseball broadcasts is what I would like to know?

4. Are there Bat Boys that retrieve the bats at Home Plate in realtime? Sort of like how 2K Baseball has?

5. Do players in the All Star game wear there home team jerseys?

6. Do umpires wear jackets now when games are played in cold or rainy games?

7. Are there Ball Boys and or Ball Girls sitting on chairs down the first and third base lines fielding foul balls and handing or flipping the balls to the fans?

8. Can fans reach over and pick foul balls off the field?

9. Can the First and third base coaches pick up foul balls and toss them to fans as well?

10. Are there Opened and Closed Domes of the same stadium?

11. At At&t Park was the San Francisco Giants bullpen pitchers finally moved to the dugout with the rest of the players? Or are they still located in there own bullpen?

12. Is the division standings on the Fenway Park green monster updated in realtime now? And also is the location where the E for errors box is Blank/Empty now instead of always showing a lit up number zero?

13. Are there stadium flyovers from outside the stadium before the game begins?

14. Does the grass and dirt in all of the stadiums look greatly improved over the PS3 version?

15. Do the players in the little base running windows now have their name and numbers on their jerseys?

16. Do players now have the option to wear MLB Authentic Titanium Necklaces?

17. Any new Batting, Pitching and Fielding cameras?
Like for example for CPU VS CPU games can we finally set up a stationary camera in the upper deck behind home plate?

What ever info you can find out that will be great!

Thanks and enjoy CES 2014!

Last edited by tnixen; 01-02-2014 at 12:32 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »