Home

Lack of injuries

This is a discussion on Lack of injuries within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-26-2013, 12:23 AM   #1
Rookie

big earl's Arena

OVR: 3
Lack of injuries

Am I the only one who experiences almost zero injuries. I'm in season 3 of my dynasty and I dot think I've had even just 1 injury that my player couldn't return from in the same game- and even those are rare.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2013, 02:47 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Lack of injuries

Quote:
Originally Posted by big earl
Am I the only one who experiences almost zero injuries. I'm in season 3 of my dynasty and I dot think I've had even just 1 injury that my player couldn't return from in the same game- and even those are rare.
Fuk that shyt. Do you use a good team? I have to turn injuries off since I use bad teams in dynasty mode and if I don't then I usually lose my running back or qb in game 1 if not both for a random amount of time, sometimes 8 weeks or so. I feel like somewhere a long the lines EA or Tiburon or whoever's mind is behind the ratings system thought that the better you are as a player the less likely you are to get hurt. Dumb logic.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:14 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKHORSE09
Fuk that shyt. Do you use a good team? I have to turn injuries off since I use bad teams in dynasty mode and if I don't then I usually lose my running back or qb in game 1 if not both for a random amount of time, sometimes 8 weeks or so. I feel like somewhere a long the lines EA or Tiburon or whoever's mind is behind the ratings system thought that the better you are as a player the less likely you are to get hurt. Dumb logic.
I'm on my 3rd season with Army and haven't had a player miss more than a half.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:31 PM   #4
MVP

I've had starting HBs miss multiple games, then the backup comes in gets a concussion and is out the rest of the game. 3rd string hb is in, same game my starting qb gets knocked out for 3 weeks. Its very hit and miss, I never had anything more than the rest of the game for a defensive player unless he got hurt doing a return.

PS3 NCAA 2014 Dynasty - Rags to Riches Online Dynasty - South Alabama
Old 12-26-2013, 02:51 PM   #5
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13

Do you have injuries turned on? I'm only an Offensive Coordinator in my current dynasty but I've got two of my players on the Injured List. My Quarterback went down for six weeks and my backup Halfback went down for four.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2013, 03:10 PM   #6
MVP

kswgrad2012's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilliam
I've had starting HBs miss multiple games, then the backup comes in gets a concussion and is out the rest of the game. 3rd string hb is in, same game my starting qb gets knocked out for 3 weeks. Its very hit and miss, I never had anything more than the rest of the game for a defensive player unless he got hurt doing a return.

Mine's is hit or miss as well. I run the Option, so I've had RB's, FB's and QB's get dinged up a lot. They'll miss a few series, and maybe up to a half. Every now and then one of them will miss a few weeks, but my QB's very injury-prone. He's already been lost for the rest of a season twice, and my top tailback just broke his elbow today. Out 10 weeks

Defensive players only get hurt playing special teams, and I've never had an offensive lineman get hurt.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Dynasty Stops:
1. Tulane Green Wave
2. UAB Blazers
3. Wichita State Shockers

Xbox Live Gamertag: Dr HAM 101 (friend me/message me!)
Old 12-26-2013, 07:18 PM   #7
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

If you don't mind setting aside about 10 minutes to edit your roster, you will undoubtedly see plenty of injuries.

I subtract -40 from all offensive players and -60 from all defensive players injury attribute.

I've done this for the past two seasons and see plenty. in fact, my injury rate is too high right now. I plan to adjust to -30 for offense and -50 for defense.

Most frequent injuries are to QB's, RB's and CB's, many for LB's and DE's, rare for DL's, and none for OL.

I am seeing one season-ending injury per season, which in my opinion is right on. Last season I lost my starting QB in the 3rd game of the season to a broken tibia. This season I lost a CB in the 4th game with a hip fracture. Also seeing a few mid range injuries, like 4-6 week injuries, and plenty of minor ones.

Of course editing just your team does nothing for the computer controlled team, but I'm not willing to invest the time to edit other teams, and it's not important to me.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 12-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #8
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

1 player out for the season is about right? Tell that to Florida, who had 10 players out for the season this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »