Home

Best game I've ever played

This is a discussion on Best game I've ever played within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #1
Rookie

eaw913's Arena

OVR: 1
Best game I've ever played

I am amazed right now. I decided to build up/rebuild the Toronto Raptors in MyGM and just started last night. I beat the Celtics in the season opener 98-88 so I was pretty satisfied. I maintained a solid lead over them the entire time and never really had to fight for the win.

Then today... I played the second game of the season against the Hawks in Atlanta (I am a Hawks fan, so it was tough to play against my own team) and had the best game of my NBA 2k career thus far. I play on All-Star with 12 minute quarters (using the_future420's slider set on here). On my first shot of the game, a three pointer with Derozan, he sprained his ankle and went out of to injury. The shot was a success, though, and led to me starting really well, going up by 10 points. After he was injured (for 2 weeks I might add) I brought in Vasquez and he did a really good job for me. It didn't last but about 6 minutes through the first quarter though and then it was a back and forth game until the very end.

There were so many lead changes and somehow I managed to get ahead by 1 point at the end of each quarter. I was up 44-43 at the half and felt pretty good coming back from the break. I still never managed to get more than a 5 point lead and would even go down by 3-5 points on occasion. Even so I typically held the lead and had some good defense going. It got to the last two minutes and I was still within 1 or 2 points fighting for the win. All of a sudden, I went up by 2 with just under a minute left and felt like I could play good defense and waste the clock, so I called a timeout and changed my game emphasis to heavy defense. But somehow they took it down the court and Teague got a 3 pointer. At that point I was down 91-90 and the Hawks took a timeout.

This is where it got interesting. I took it down and tried to get in the paint for an easy 2 points. I got fouled and missed my first free throw. Luckily I got the second one and tied it up 91-91. I fouled on purpose to prevent a three pointer and to send Williams to the line. He ended up making both free throws, taking the lead 93-91. I was looking for the game winner with 21 seconds left but still didn't produce. Hawks got the ball and managed to get down court, but luckily for me they didn't waste the clock and also didn't score. After this I had 6 seconds left and was down 93-91 still. I was sweating because I had put so much work into this game and did not want to lose it like this. But despite my last two drives coming up with practically nothing, I took a chance and threw it half court down to Lowry to give him a shot for a 3. He had missed his last five 3 point attempts, but I took the shot right in his hot zone, bam... score. I went up 94-93 with just 1.6 seconds left. Of course the Hawks had one last chance, but they missed it, giving me the win.

Honestly the experience as a whole is what was amazing. The game was tense and had me on the edge of my seat. The crowd was playing a huge role and the players emotion on the court was ramped up. The commentary was shaped to what was going on and you could really feel the excitement and amazement amongst them as the game got close to ending. It was a beautiful feeling when that final 3 pointer went in. Also, I noticed something I don't remember being in 2k13 last gen. As with any real life game, when the moment is tense at the end or they are behind and trying to come back they play that "epic" comeback/win it music to pump the crowd up. That was actually playing in the arena. It was just the entire feel of it.. It felt like a playoff game and it was only the second of the season. I can only imagine what the playoffs (if I make it) will actually be like.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. I just felt like this should be shared as it is what makes this game amazing. It is what makes each game worth playing. There are downfalls and issues, sure. But the core experience is simply amazing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #2
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Best game I've ever played

Im glad you're enjoying it. Ive reached that stage aswell.

Ive messed around the sliders and it has largely fixed my issues concerning passing and player movement. ANimations still spaz the players out though.

Although Im only playing Season mode and am left thoroughly underwhelmed with the options at my disposal. On court, best its ever been.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #3
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

I played a double OT game with the blazers vs suns. Aldridge hit the game winner and game saver at the end of regulation, and we come back from 7 with less than a minute of regulation.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Old 12-17-2013, 05:28 AM   #4
Rookie

eaw913's Arena

I was largely unable to enjoy it due to the number of turnovers. It was so bad that if I remotely tried to drive the ball in it would go flying somewhere random. So I adjusted some things around and now it is much improved. Passing is more fluid for me now as well.

I have to agree with you about Season mode. It is very underwhelming. It is why I chose to do MyGM, but even then it is annoying have to unlock things with VC. At least you get 925 VC for winning a game you play so it isn't too hard to build up. And if you lose you still get 825 VC.

And to alraron32, I have yet to have an OT game. Can imagine that will be amazing as well.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:38 AM   #5
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

sounds awesome. my only issue is

Quote:
I fouled on purpose to prevent a three pointer and to send Williams to the line. He ended up making both free throws, taking the lead 93-91. I was looking for the game winner with 21 seconds left but still didn't produce. Hawks got the ball and managed to get down court, but luckily for me they didn't waste the clock and also didn't score.
i hope thats not a recurring theme. i cant imagine why they wouldnt dribble out the clock or wait for the intentional foul since they were up by 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2013, 09:21 AM   #6
Rookie

It's a great game when I am on the court and it actually loads. I am praying patch 3 fixes it as I really want to get into the game.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:34 AM   #7
Rookie

eaw913's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
sounds awesome. my only issue is

i hope thats not a recurring theme. i cant imagine why they wouldnt dribble out the clock or wait for the intentional foul since they were up by 2.
They normally do. They wasted it down to below 10 seconds but he was so open he had to take the shot. I just got extremely lucky that it missed.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:14 PM   #8
Rookie

HarrySTruman's Arena

Great post. My first overtime game in MyGM was one of the most exciting game sessions I've had all year, in any game. As you say, they really did a great job making the crowd a part of the game. The crowd noise level varies wildly, as it would in a real game, and the fans save their loudest cheers for the moments when the game is on the line.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »