Home

Very realistic 2014 draft class available now (PS3)

This is a discussion on Very realistic 2014 draft class available now (PS3) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-15-2013, 10:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Very realistic 2014 draft class available now (PS3)

PSN - sbzy
File name - 2014 Draft v1

I tried to make a fairly realistic draft class that reflected the potential and current ability of the prospects. For example, there are several players that are pretty raw as of this moment but have amazing potential. On the other hand, there are some guys who are decent right now but have lower overall ceilings. There are a couple of busts/injury prone players sprinkled in just like real life. There are also some hidden gems that should go in the late first/early second round. Most of my info came from Chad Ford's draft stuff on ESPN and generally only included the top ~10 players at every position.

Overall, I wanted to reflect that a lot of these players won't come in and tear up the league immediately, but also that this class has a ton of potential. The highest overall on draft day is only 74, and most prospects range from 72-58. There are a ton of role-player quality guys, and there are even some guys with good skill sets in the second round. There are 3-4 players with 90+potential.

I used Zane3490s roster off of 2k share as bit of a base but completely overhauled it to make a more realistic draft class and added several players. Massive credit to him, if you want lower potentials go with his work its A+. This was just the outgrowth of all my edits of the draft for personal use, I'm not meaning to hijack the original work. He did a great job on the faces and everything.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions for edits I would be glad to hear them.

Last edited by marbles1991; 12-15-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2013, 03:08 AM   #2
Rookie

the_uniBRoW23's Arena

Re: Very realistic 2014 draft class available now (PS3)

74 overall seems pretty low, especially for Randle and Parker ( the two most NBA ready players). This is one of the best classes in a while and although 74 for the highest rated player could be right it, won't be in proportion with other classes whose best players are typically rated in the high 70's.
I will definitely check them once I get my ps3 back ( Christmas Eve)

Last edited by the_uniBRoW23; 12-16-2013 at 03:11 AM.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:34 AM   #3
Pro

Zane3490's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbles1991
PSN - sbzy
File name - 2014 Draft v1

I tried to make a fairly realistic draft class that reflected the potential and current ability of the prospects. For example, there are several players that are pretty raw as of this moment but have amazing potential. On the other hand, there are some guys who are decent right now but have lower overall ceilings. There are a couple of busts/injury prone players sprinkled in just like real life. There are also some hidden gems that should go in the late first/early second round. Most of my info came from Chad Ford's draft stuff on ESPN and generally only included the top ~10 players at every position.

Overall, I wanted to reflect that a lot of these players won't come in and tear up the league immediately, but also that this class has a ton of potential. The highest overall on draft day is only 74, and most prospects range from 72-58. There are a ton of role-player quality guys, and there are even some guys with good skill sets in the second round. There are 3-4 players with 90+potential.

I used Zane3490s roster off of 2k share as bit of a base but completely overhauled it to make a more realistic draft class and added several players. Massive credit to him, if you want lower potentials go with his work its A+. This was just the outgrowth of all my edits of the draft for personal use, I'm not meaning to hijack the original work. He did a great job on the faces and everything.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions for edits I would be glad to hear them.

I'm interested to see your class man! My potential is low because I operate off of Beds theory on ratings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-16-2013, 02:51 PM   #4
Rookie

Can you elaborate on that theory about ratings? I'm curious to learn a bit more because this is my first time really getting into draft class editing.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:57 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_uniBRoW23
74 overall seems pretty low, especially for Randle and Parker ( the two most NBA ready players). This is one of the best classes in a while and although 74 for the highest rated player could be right it, won't be in proportion with other classes whose best players are typically rated in the high 70's.
I will definitely check them once I get my ps3 back ( Christmas Eve)
My way of thinking was that 60s is borderline rotation players, 70s is good role players, 80s are borderline allstars and 90 is hall of famers. I figure none of these players will be all-star quality their first year because they are all a bit raw. Your point about being in-line with other classes is good, I generated a lot of random draft classes just now with high 70s players. In my next update I'll bump some of the more nba-ready guys up to 78ish.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2013, 05:11 PM   #6
Pro

Zane3490's Arena

OVR: 10

I sent you a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-16-2013, 05:46 PM   #7
Rookie

the_uniBRoW23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbles1991
My way of thinking was that 60s is borderline rotation players, 70s is good role players, 80s are borderline allstars and 90 is hall of famers. I figure none of these players will be all-star quality their first year because they are all a bit raw. Your point about being in-line with other classes is good, I generated a lot of random draft classes just now with high 70s players. In my next update I'll bump some of the more nba-ready guys up to 78ish.
Your theory could very well be right however this is supposed to be an elite class and most other classes I use has a best player of around 77 or 76 which would make this class look weak.
Edit: ... Sorry I only read the first part of your post

Also, if you're planning on bumping up the ratings definitely decrease the potential. I'd say give Wiggins and Embiid both a 86 or 87 and Randle and Parker a 83 to 85. The hardest is Exum because we've all seen so little on him.

Last edited by the_uniBRoW23; 12-16-2013 at 09:21 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:59 PM   #8
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

i myself really dont give 2 **** about overall...it has no effect on gameplay...the individual ratings themselves are what is important (awareness is WAY to important into overall, not to mention any sort of faceup PF/C is severally screwed overall wise by 2k's system)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »