Home

Maybe a High school Sim?

This is a discussion on Maybe a High school Sim? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Maybe a High school Sim for 2k..

Maybe 2k should make a tecmo bowl like High school Football Sim.. Would anyone play something like that? Why hasn't someone made a game like that? Come on 2k, maybe they could do it..

Last edited by jjsmitty34; 12-12-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Maybe a High school Sim?

There are thousands of HS teams in this country.... You know how hard that'd be??

Not to mention the numerous " hey, where's my team!?" threads....

The easier road would be the CFL.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

I'd take almost anything at this point, but 2K just needs to do Pro Football and call it a day.

However, it should be noted that before All-Pro Football, 2K actually did consider doing a High School Football game, and also considered a throwback leather helmet football game.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:05 AM   #4
Rookie

gluecows's Arena

OVR: 1

Check out www.Simsportsworld.com, the game isn't out yet but it's close. You can be a coach or player. You start in High school and work your way up to being recruited by colleges (Coached by REAL people) and then eventually you can make it all the way to the pros!

AND/OR (you can make a coach and a player as well) you can choose to be a coach and coach in college/High School/pros. Basketball's gonna be the first game released but other sports will follow. I hope this is what you were interested in Facemask
From the challenges of constructing a roster and managing a professional sports team, to competing to be one of the best players in the world, your sports dreams are possible at www.SimSportsWorld.com
Old 02-05-2014, 10:35 PM   #5
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

The only way I could see HS working is within a generic & highly customizable game that incorporated HS, College and Pro.

Seems to me like it could be profitable since they wouldn't be spending anything on licensing. But I am sure they have researched it and determined that there are just not enough people willing to do the customizing/sharing. Or perhaps the potential for litigation on top of building a sports game from the ground may be just a bit daunting?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2014, 09:19 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Or perhaps the potential for litigation on top of building a sports game from the ground may be just a bit daunting?
I doubt it. There have been a number of customizable and generally unlicensed games be it football or otherwise out over the years, enough to suggest that this isn't the biggest worry.

I feel BTL 1's success with a small budget had a lot to do with other companies gaining the confidence to try unlicensed and/or customizable games, but after most of those games failed to achieve BTL 1's success (I personally believe because of poor design more than anything), companies were scared away, and I think it's moreso the numbers crunchers than the development teams themselves. The numbers crunchers just see the sales numbers, but they don't understand or even care about why those games failed commercially, and when something fails badly a dev team is unlikely to get the greenlight to try it again.

You need somebody at the Executive level to adamantly back it, and first they have to REALLY have a personal desire to see it happen and be willing to risk their name on it.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:23 PM   #7
Pro

footballfan4life's Arena

OVR: 8

I think the only way a high school football game would work is if they take a section of the country (most likely Texas) and use generic high schools while using a system similar to college (progressing the sophomores, juniors, choosing to send freshmen/sophomores to JV team)

NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
MLB: New York Yankees
NCAA: Ohio State Buckeyes
Old 02-12-2014, 11:57 AM   #8
Rookie

I personally think that this would be a great idea for a sports game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »