Home

Seeking Tips for Running Power

This is a discussion on Seeking Tips for Running Power within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Seeking Tips for Running Power

I am running out of the I formation a lot and the formation audible for several are power. I am really struggling running this play and not sure what some of the keys are.

Thanks as always in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #2
Resident Cajun

GeauxGleaux's Arena

Re: Seeking Tips for Running Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonagFam
I am running out of the I formation a lot and the formation audible for several are power. I am really struggling running this play and not sure what some of the keys are.

Thanks as always in advance.
On power and counter runs the best advice to give anyone is to follow your blockers. I know that seems really simple minded, but if you stay behind your fullback and any pulling guards, you'll find succes.

Try not sprinting after receiving the hand off. Just find your holes via the blockers and then burst through them.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:26 PM   #3
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxGleaux
On power and counter runs the best advice to give anyone is to follow your blockers. I know that seems really simple minded, but if you stay behind your fullback and any pulling guards, you'll find succes.

Try not sprinting after receiving the hand off. Just find your holes via the blockers and then burst through them.

I will second that, allow your blocks to set before hitting the "sprint" button.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:07 PM   #4
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3

Follow your blockers.

Also, I see a lot of people always take the power I outside (ie treat it like a stretch). You can sometimes get big gains this way, but you need to read where the outside DE/LB is being driven. If he is being driven toward the sideline, go just inside between the tackle and guard. Otherwise if you have a fast RB, go outside.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:42 PM   #5
Rookie

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. They are things I "knew" in my head, but I obviously wasn't applying them to the game itself. Just following my blockers has made a big difference. If the CPU chooses to pinch, I feel comfortable going to the power play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #6
Rookie

TheBadOwl's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm always too impatient to set up blocks, and I notice that a lot of times, linemen whiff on blocks when running power. I love the inside zone game in 14.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:23 PM   #7
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBadOwl
I'm always too impatient to set up blocks, and I notice that a lot of times, linemen whiff on blocks when running power. I love the inside zone game in 14.

Running inside in 14 is really easy on any slider set. The biggest holes in an opposing teams run defense occur up the middle. It seems like cpu defense is programed to stop any outside run leaving the middle wide open. I can see why you might love the inside zone game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »