Home

NBA Live 14: The Little Things Thread

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14: The Little Things Thread within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
NBA Live 14: The Little Things Thread

You guys know the drill here. Post some of the "Little Things" that you all are noticing in your gameplay thus far.

In a game against the Jazz last night with the Kings, each time the Jazz scored down low, there was some type of jingling bell that rang. Not sure if that's Jazz specific, but it's the first time that I've seen it in the game.

Another game, Thunder vs Pacers, nearing the end of regulation, the Thunder scored to get within 2 points, they immediately went into the full court press. I inbounded the ball with David West to Paul George, the trap started to come over, but lo and behold, David West ran over and set a screen for PG to come around to free him up. It's the first time in a basketball game that I've had a teammate have the awareness to come and set a screen in the backcourt to free me up from the press. I was blown away.

I've had so many instances like this, I'll let you fellas chime in (both of you, lol).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 14: The Little Things Thread

I was playing against the Bucks today, and there were like 15 seconds left in the half. They got the ball to Mayo at half court, the other 4 players all went down to the baseline so that Mayo was iso'd (1-4 look). He dribbled for a bit, took a few steps and pulled up for a 3 before the clock expired. It just felt real.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:59 PM   #3
MVP

Zach Randolph is a beast downlow. And I have a new found hate for the virtual Russell Westbrook.

Still a little hurt so no specifics but neither could be stopped.

Players in general(not all but most) playing like themselves is just nice small little thing.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #4
Rookie

The details on the tattoos/shoes are also amazing. If you can get past the graphics to see them, LOL.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:47 PM   #5
MVP

BiggD's Arena

OVR: 18

dunno if this is a little or a big thing BUT i just love the spacing in this game, without calling a play the players move to spread the floor. I feel in 2k i'm trying to fight through a crowd all the time..
3.Blake Griffin
4.Ben Wallace
5.Shawn Kemp
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2013, 09:03 PM   #6
Rookie

Also think the commentary isn't half as bad as people make out,they have some pretty cool facts about the teams and off season transactions that I hear now and then.
Also as someone said before the graphics are pretty good it is just the camera options that are very limited.

Once the bugs with the generic "Point Guard" rather than the player name, the spamming of the CPU into the paint and the floatyness of passes are sorted out it is actually a pretty neat game.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #7
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Yeah, I'm hearing some additional commentary playing these one off games. It's seemingly flowing better than what I thought.

I love that if you "break" the CPU's play, their play doesn't end, they regroup and attack a different point.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:24 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I love Breen and Van Gundy
They are a year or two away from having great commentary overall.

Was playing as the Rockets last night and Van Gundy chimes in with his words of wisdom regarding Hardens beard, and that it was time for it to go "What if he wins MVP, we can't have a big bearded MVP" typical VG comments loved it

Xbox Live - Kangawallaby
PSN - Kangawallaby

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »