Home

[PS4] QuestGAV's Wingspan & Playability Edit Rosters

This is a discussion on [PS4] QuestGAV's Wingspan & Playability Edit Rosters within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-07-2013, 04:33 AM   #1
Rookie

QuestGAV's Arena

OVR: 0
[PS4] QuestGAV's Wingspan & Playability Edit Rosters

PSN: QuestGAV
Current Version: GAV 1.31 Wingspan&Playability
Roster Base: Official 2k Roster 12/5/13

Features:

Implemented realistic wingspans for over 500 players
Rerated a handful of young players to make them more useful
Rerated free agents to make them less ridiculous
1.1: Added Rudy Gay trade
1.1: Rerated & added 19 European players
1.2: Rerated ~100 players to try and fix morale/role problems and fix obvious poor ratings
1.22 Reworked big man stamina
1.3 Rewrote wingspan formula, now all 569 players rated from 28 to 100, Europeans & free agents edited for more realistic gameplay.
1.31 Released draft class & tweaked potential on a few players for better long term results

!new 12/21/13!
2014 Draft Class: GAV's 2014 w/tendencies

Draft class base: rawleyf/Fog_Raw's 12/8 version of BigGargamel/jcblayze's 80 man class (which was based on PGKJ41's class)

Draft class features: Minor attribute edits to all 80 players
Tendency edits to all players (star potential players should be more aggressive & put up better stats)

Read my OS Blog on how I came up with the wingspan ratings.

Europeans added:
Spoiler

FUTURE PLANS:

Take a look at speed and quickness - more separation between the ridiculously fast guys and kinda fast guys needed
2015 draft
fictional drafts?

Last edited by QuestGAV; 12-21-2013 at 10:48 PM. Reason: version 1.31
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2013, 02:38 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: [PS4] QuestGAV's Wingspan & Playability Edit Rosters

Pretty good

Last edited by funktowndp; 12-08-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:42 AM   #3
Rookie

QuestGAV's Arena

Okay, updated the set to version 1.1 this morning. I added the Rudy Gay trade (released Austin Daye from the Raptors for the numbers to work, he's only played a handful of minutes so far). I spent a ridiculous amount of time looking at the Euro teams. I rerated 19 of them and moved them into the active rosters.

5 went to the teams that hold their draft rights:
Nikola Mrotic (72 ovr) was placed on the Bulls
Sergio LLull (69) Rockets
Georgios Printezis (68) Thunder
Erazem Lorbek (67) Spurs
Sasha Kaun (67) Cavs (waived Henry Sims for this)

6 others have their draft rights held but no good spot on the roster so were made free agents:
Emir Preldzic (68) WAS
Ante Tomic (68) Utah
Kostas Papanikolau (66) HOU
Sofoklis Schortsanitis (66) ATL
Nemanja Bjelica (64) MIN
Bojan Bogdanovic (63) BRK

These guys were also made free agents:
Rudy Fernandez (76)
Dimitris Diamantidis (72)
Vassilis Spanoulis (72)
Kyle Hines (71)
Juan Carlos Navarro (70)
Viktor Khryapa (70)
Marcelinho Huertas (70)
Sergio Rodriguez (68)

To make it work a bunch of scrubs were exiled to Europe and are now riding the pine for Olympiacos, Real Madrid, & CSKA Moscow. Donatas Motiejunas seemed pretty lame in comparison to the other new Euros and was bumped to 65 OVR (from 58).

Last edited by QuestGAV; 12-09-2013 at 06:55 AM.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #4
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Finnaly someone doing wingspan edits. Id avise you to factor the standing reach to determine how you improve the wingspan.

The 'shoulder width' slider improves the actual wingpsan too. Its possible to improve a wingspan without touching the wingspan slider. Id say that is the best way to do it because some guys have larger wingspans without longer arms. They simply have wide shoulders.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #5
Rookie

QuestGAV's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
Finnaly someone doing wingspan edits. Id avise you to factor the standing reach to determine how you improve the wingspan.

The 'shoulder width' slider improves the actual wingpsan too. Its possible to improve a wingspan without touching the wingspan slider. Id say that is the best way to do it because some guys have larger wingspans without longer arms. They simply have wide shoulders.
Yeah it took me about 12 hours to find/collate the data, improvise a formula, and then edit all the players in game appropriately. I thought about trying to use shoulder width as well but I'd be doing it by the "eye test" and I'd rather try to do everyone in a reliable way.

I may use standing reach to try and develop something more complete though at a later date, but right now the unhappiness issue in MyGM is more pressing to me. It's hard to say I have a good roster if every time you face the Cavs there are 4 players who are 12 points below their given rating or if Danny Green gets traded for Mo Williams every season (only to have the Blazers trade Green again because he doesn't want to sit behind Matthews/Batum any more than he wanted to sit behind Manu/Kawhi).

Your post in the main section yesterday resonated with me as it mentioned most of the things that are bugging the crap out of me. It's a little Blazers-centric obviously but it breaks down some of the key problems the game has in representing real basketball - and most of them come down to chronic laziness at 2k. Less attention to bells and whistles - more attention to nuts and bolts!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #6
Rookie

Whats up Man i checked out your rosters they are pretty good. I wouldnt mind starting a partnership without where i can edit updated accessories and also update the shoes of all players in the league to accurately depict what their life-like characters wear just to make your roster more realistic. we could talk over psn if you want. PSN: iCHeATz
Old 12-09-2013, 06:02 PM   #7
Rookie

QuestGAV's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCHeATz
Whats up Man i checked out your rosters they are pretty good. I wouldnt mind starting a partnership without where i can edit updated accessories and also update the shoes of all players in the league to accurately depict what their life-like characters wear just to make your roster more realistic. we could talk over psn if you want. PSN: iCHeATz
I appreciate the offer but am mostly interested in gameplay right now, I think having someone else work on the aesthetics would complicate things.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #8
Pro

thefakeJTS's Arena

Which roster did you use as a base?
Atlanta Hawks

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »