Home

online association question

This is a discussion on online association question within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
online association question

I have not played online association yet and my buddy was trying to decide if he wants to buy nba 2k14 for us to play online. My question is I've heard that OA is broken. I know that term gets thrown around a lot if somebody doesn't like the game but I want to know if that mode is actually broken or is it just watered doen like 2k13's. Thanks for the help in advance guys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2013, 04:32 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: online association question

It's not actually "broken" per se, it just has a LOT of persistent issues that have been around since its debut. I'll list a few of the major ones for you (most are the same crap you saw in 2K13), and you can decide if it's worth it.

1) Vetoing trades. As it stands now, people can anonymously veto any trades that are made in the league. One single veto means the trade has to go to arbitration, and the trade going to arbitration means that, unless the game determines that it is a "fair" trade, it won't go through. There's nothing admins can do to override vetoes, so this gets VERY frustrating and often leads to people quitting.

2) There are loads of issues with contracts - not the least of which being a particularly game breaking one if you happen to get a sore loser in your league. If star players are released, they can be signed for league minimum contracts because they "want to chase championships".

3) There are loads of issues with the timer, the worst one being that, if you have the timer on pause and advance to the playoffs, you are screwed. Your league will be stuck on pause, and you won't be able to advance it or fix it. Your only choice will be to restart the league.

4) Resetting simmed games too many times seems to cause the league to glitch, which sucks because you have to advance the league to get trades through.

5) You can't reset playoff games after a certain point. This is ESPECIALLY frustrating. I had a 3-game series for the Eastern Conference Championship recently, and one of the games kicked and simmed in my favor. There was no way to reset it, and I won the next game. The dude I was playing against was so pissed he quit the league.

6) The server is down ALL the time. Like seriously, you get the "Server Unavailable" error in OA at least once a week.

7) First and foremost, it's nearly impossible to keep 30 people together and playing, when inevitably people are going to be losing a lot, so you'll get a lot of people quitting and leagues do die, which sucks when you've built a team you like.

That said, it's a fun mode and probably my favorite mode in the game, so I'd say if you have a good group of friends to make a good league it's worth it.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:30 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thank you very much for the help
Old 12-05-2013, 03:46 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

DO NOT BUY IT. If you are buying strictly for online associations do not buy it. Many people have reported that whenever you hit the first offseason, the draft will not let user's pick a player. Free agency just starts skipping days until free agency period ends leaving no human users with the ability to actually sign any free agents.

Also once year two starts the league just starts simming days until the end of the second year if the commish is not paying attention.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #5
Rookie

my lg kicks ***..

add solebru on ps3

got a core group of 25... we use groupme tho
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2013, 11:54 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solebru
my lg kicks ***..

add solebru on ps3

got a core group of 25... we use groupme tho
Does your group do multiple seasons or just one season at a time? And have you been able to successfully do the offseason tasks. Most I've seen complain have been on 360 so I wonder if maybe it's a console thing.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:42 PM   #7
Rookie

No way Id buy this game if i were only planning to play online association..Not until they fix all the issues which they probably won't...
Old 12-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #8
Rookie

Thank you very much for the help

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »