Home

Really fun game but very frustrating as well!!!

This is a discussion on Really fun game but very frustrating as well!!! within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Really fun game but very frustrating as well!!!

My team goalies are horrible and the computers goalies seem to stop everything that is thrown at them!! i am playing in the western hockey league as the tri city americans and i am horrible! my players never seem to be where they should be and the computer team is always in place. watching the computer team is liking watching the old russian teams. my defense men never stay on the blue line and hold pucks in the zone. the computer cycles the puck around and feels like he stays in my zone for minutes. on top of that, his goalies stop everything!! although i am having fun i would love to win some games. i think im 2-20-2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2013, 10:59 PM   #2
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Really fun game but very frustrating as well!!!

I agree. My biggest gripe is the surging AI. I can never win games 2-1, it's always 6-5, 7-6, etc because it's so difficult to prevent goals on superstar/all-pro. I can limit the opponents shots to around the 20 mark, but I'm still giving up 4 goals off cheesy plays from the AI.

Just now, I played against the Bruins. Tied 2-2 for about 35 minutes. Then with 1 minute left Iginla gets hit 3 times, still has control of the puck. Then he dishes it through 2 sticks in the lane for a top shelf one-timer to Bergeron... And I'm just sitting there going, "what more do I possibly do there?!" I don't mind losing, but stuff like that bugs me.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:43 PM   #3
Rookie

i feel your pain. i just finished a game that i was winning 4-1 going into the third period. after 4 minutes the game was tied 4-4. i ended up losing 7-4. i had held the comp. to 20 shots thru two periods and then out of nowhere i was buried. like you said, i dont mind losing but its the way you lose. goals that trickle in or the sooo sooo slow reaction to rebounds. in my game, the comp goalie hardly ever gives up rebounds. i had a redirect that the goalie dropped down to stop ice shot, puck was tipped up top shelf and somehow he got the glove up to snag. im telling you every goalie but mine makes ridiculous saves. well my goalie makes some good saves also but gives up sooo many cheap bleeders!!
Old 12-03-2013, 11:53 PM   #4
Pro

johnnyrocks's Arena

OVR: 9

do you guys get this weird goal when the ai just dumps it off the glass and somehow goes five-hole against the goalie? Happened to me twice!! Im starting to think it's a glitch!!!
Old 12-04-2013, 07:49 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocks
do you guys get this weird goal when the ai just dumps it off the glass and somehow goes five-hole against the goalie? Happened to me twice!! Im starting to think it's a glitch!!!
Luckily, i have not seen this happen. if i do, i may lose it and throw the game out of the window!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #6
Rookie

Yundtder's Arena

OVR: 0

The game frustrates me as well but I enjoy it more than 13, but not more than 10...
For all the reasons listed so far, but I have a few others that just irk the heck out of me... The CPU, bouncing puck dump ins... Its like they have a paddle in the corner to knock the puck 20 feet up, and delay long enough for their players to get the puck. My D has to stand there and wait for it to come down, by that point, he either misses it, or gets pinned and the CPU gets the puck... This is ridiculous on its own, but ever notice it ONLY works for the CPU dump-ins?

Blantant no interference calls.... My open players get rag dolled into the corner while my other player still has the puck... No call.
Poke check always results in a trip even though I get the puck 60% of the time. Apparently they added this because of online spammers? Well I dont play online, so leave it be for offline...

Short side goals because goalies cant hug the post properly...

Of course I just love the last minute sudden surge by the CPU if they are down by a goal. Tough to defend this, but I have figured out a few ways. Its when players suddenly become invincible from all hits, pokes, ect and score anyways that gets the F bomb from me.

The game has a ton of positives though and I am enjoying the drafting for long term BEAGM.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

If I could say one thing about this game, it would be the title of this thread. Bang on.

Bouncing dump ins drive me nuts.

Grappling taking all your fighting power drives me nuts.

Faceoffs drive me nuts (though less so as I see that as something I can/should improve)

But all that said, I can't get enough of the game.
Old 12-15-2013, 03:34 PM   #8
Rookie

Calipup's Arena

OVR: 12

Pro was way too easy for me so I went up to All-Star and now it's like impossible. Last two games combined I lost 10-3. CPU players seem faster getting to loose pucks every time (even when I just laid them out they get up VERY quick), my players continuously fail to get control of pucks even if it is right next to their stick, every little nudge on my players the puck flies away but the CPU can be hit 3 times and keep control, and their goalie is a super human stopping everything.

I am just going to have to get used to this game I suppose. My last game was NHL 11 that I had been playing up until I bought this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »