Home

NHL14 Overall Formula! NHL View

This is a discussion on NHL14 Overall Formula! NHL View within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #1
Rookie

domjr4's Arena

OVR: 1
NHL14 Overall Formula! NHL View

I have replicated EA's overall formula for Forwards and I am about to work on deriving the Defenceman and Goalie Overall formulas. This could then be used in NHL View in order to calculate/update overalls when attributes are edited in the program.

Here is the spreadsheet including the formula (Feel free to test it out)...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c8nb1d9zyi...alculator.xlsx

The Formula is...

Overall= 1.9165*(((Speed*3)+(Body Checking*2)+(Endurance)+(Puck Control*2)+(Passing*5)+(Slapshot Power*2)+(Slapshot Accuracy*2)+(Wristshot Power*3)+(Wristshot Accuracy*4)+(Agility*3)+(Strength*3)+(Acceleration *3)+(Balance*3)+(Faceoffs)+(Durability)+(Deking)+( Aggressiveness)+(Poise*2)+(HandEye)+(Shot Blocking)+(Offensive Awareness*7)+(Defensive Awareness*9)+(Discipline)+(Fighting Skill)+(Stick Checking*3))/65)-78.725

*The final formula is still being developed. It isn't 100% perfect yet, but the final product will be. Any overall rating over 99 overall is considered to be 99 overall in the game and any overall less than 36 is displayed as a 36 overall in the game*

Last edited by domjr4; 12-03-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #2
Rookie

s_mkheidze's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL14 Overall Formula! NHL View

Quote:
Originally Posted by domjr4
I have replicated EA's overall formula for Forwards and I am about to work on deriving the Defenceman and Goalie Overall formulas. This could then be used in NHL View in order to calculate/update overalls when attributes are edited in the program.

Here is the spreadsheet with the formula...

The Formula is...

Overall= 1.9165*(((Speed*3)+(Body Checking*2)+(Endurance)+(Puck Control*2)+(Passing*5)+(Slapshot Power*2)+(Slapshot Accuracy*2)+(Wristshot Power*3)+(Wristshot Accuracy*4)+(Agility*3)+(Strength*3)+(Acceleration *3)+(Balance*3)+(Faceoffs)+(Durability)+(Deking)+( Aggressiveness)+(Poise*2)+(HandEye)+(Shot Blocking)+(Offensive Awareness*7)+(Defensive Awareness*9)+(Discipline)+(Fighting Skill)+(Stick Checking*3))/65)-78.725

well done sir!
Old 12-03-2013, 10:24 PM   #3
Rookie

Wow man, well done. May I know how you came up with this?

Sent from my GT-I8190L using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2013, 10:30 PM   #4
Rookie

domjr4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernand126
Wow man, well done. May I know how you came up with this?

I tested the influence of each attribute on a player's overall. Based on these results, I came up with weighted values for each attribute that accurately reflects its impact on a player's overall rating. After doing this, I compared the average of these attributes to a player's actual "in-game overall" and performed linear regression between the two numbers. The final result was the formula shown in the OP. I repeated doing so on numerous players of a wide range of overall ratings in order to make sure my findings were consistent for all forwards.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:52 PM   #5
Rookie

Wow! This is amazing! Great job! Will be great if Artem can factor this into version 2 of his NHLVIEWNG. Did you check this on created players? Whenever I try to create a forward in the game, it only lets me get to an overall of 95.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2013, 07:23 AM   #6
Rookie

TommyWizard's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by domjr4

The Formula is...

So let me ask then... in theory... the numbers that act as multipliers, like the defensive and offensive stats, a created player with heavy investment in those multipliers, the level SHOULD increase a lot more than a balanced build? It makes sense as to why grinders and enforcers are such lower levels despite fantastic physical qualities.

Kudos Domjr4. This is very impressive!
NASCAR: Kasey Kahne
Old 12-04-2013, 07:54 AM   #7
Rookie

domjr4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyWizard
So let me ask then... in theory... the numbers that act as multipliers, like the defensive and offensive stats, a created player with heavy investment in those multipliers, the level SHOULD increase a lot more than a balanced build? It makes sense as to why grinders and enforcers are such lower levels despite fantastic physical qualities.

Kudos Domjr4. This is very impressive!
Thanks! And yes, you are correct. Each attribute has its own multiplier and players with high rating in attributes with high multipliers will have a higher Overall as a result.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:40 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koju1313
Wow! This is amazing! Great job! Will be great if Artem can factor this into version 2 of his NHLVIEWNG. Did you check this on created players? Whenever I try to create a forward in the game, it only lets me get to an overall of 95.
I guess the thing is that, when you create a player, the overall system glitches. If you save your player and check back, his overall will be correct (and possibly above 95 if you made him a beast)

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »