Home

CPU Pass Coverage

This is a discussion on CPU Pass Coverage within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #1
Pro

DucksForever's Arena

OVR: 10
CPU Pass Coverage

I'm getting 14 for Christmas, but I want to know how the CPU plays the pass. I've heard how bad the user pass coverage is, but to be honest I can live with it. I'm playing 13 right now, and I have shut down the CPU passing game on all sliders.

I'm more concerned about the CPU pass coverage. Once again, in 13, slants and drag routes consistently beat all coverages. I can't even play the game because I can run up the score with teams like Purdue while playing Alabama. First of all, are drag routes money in 14? Does the CPU finally call man coverage? Are the pass coverage sliders still reversed? Does the DB glitch still exist? Are slant routes still money? Can you get the CPU to shut down your passing game?

"What we have accomplished is that we have shown ourselves that we are capable." -Les Miles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
MVP

whughes's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CPU Pass Coverage

I know that when I'm play Heisman difficulty if there is a defender within 5 yards of my receiver it is an interception 9/10 times. Its really frustrating to watch the AI defender magically float 5 yards and slip in front of my seemingly open receiver.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #3
Just started!

kdmntrl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksForever
I'm getting 14 for Christmas, but I want to know how the CPU plays the pass. I've heard how bad the user pass coverage is, but to be honest I can live with it. I'm playing 13 right now, and I have shut down the CPU passing game on all sliders.

I'm more concerned about the CPU pass coverage. Once again, in 13, slants and drag routes consistently beat all coverages. I can't even play the game because I can run up the score with teams like Purdue while playing Alabama. First of all, are drag routes money in 14? Does the CPU finally call man coverage? Are the pass coverage sliders still reversed? Does the DB glitch still exist? Are slant routes still money? Can you get the CPU to shut down your passing game?
Yeah the game is honestly awesome, but one game breaker is the pass coverage. They are much better at guarding the deep ball.. but with all the improvements passing is still way to easy. In my online dynasty I had to remove almost all outside posts, and curl plays from my playbook.

For example..
Pick Oregon use their default playbook and run the ball out on the opening kickoff to the one yard line. Pick any play with an out side post route. Then as he hits his cut throw.. after that no-huddle rinse and repeat. The ai will not stop it once I promise. So the game works if you have a custom playbook or just don't run the play. But me especially I don't like restricting myself to have a challenge. But I guess you got to do what you have to do.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #4
Resident Cajun

GeauxGleaux's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdmntrl
Yeah the game is honestly awesome, but one game breaker is the pass coverage. They are much better at guarding the deep ball.. but with all the improvements passing is still way to easy. In my online dynasty I had to remove almost all outside posts, and curl plays from my playbook.

For example..
Pick Oregon use their default playbook and run the ball out on the opening kickoff to the one yard line. Pick any play with an out side post route. Then as he hits his cut throw.. after that no-huddle rinse and repeat. The ai will not stop it once I promise. So the game works if you have a custom playbook or just don't run the play. But me especially I don't like restricting myself to have a challenge. But I guess you got to do what you have to do.
Until the AI runs a cover 4 shell or cover 6 to the side you decide to throw to before the play and picks you off.

What a ridiculous assumption to make.

The out route works well against a man coverage, as it should. Play with harder sliders.

Last edited by GeauxGleaux; 12-05-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:42 PM   #5
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxGleaux
Until the AI runs a cover 4 shell or cover 6 to the side you decide to throw to before the plays and picks you off.

The out route works well against a man coverage, as it should. Play with harder sliders.

give this man a trophy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2013, 04:21 AM   #6
Rookie

I've played mostly with sliders, but for me the drag has been pretty easy. They don't always go for much, but (this is from memory so could be off) usually a completion. The slants are more coverage dependent, and had a few picked when read it wrong or tried to force it.

Smash works well if read correctly, really most routes I've thrown haven't felt too cheap (there might be one or two but forgot)
Old 12-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdmntrl

For example..
I've noticed this in some games actually. If I'm on the short side of the field and run post corners they run the same coverage the whole way down the field. I tried it the next game and I was throwing picks every time I tried.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:58 PM   #8
Just started!

kdmntrl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxGleaux
Until the AI runs a cover 4 shell or cover 6 to the side you decide to throw to before the play and picks you off.

1. What assumption did I make? I never said "I think" as this is obviously something I have done.
2. I also noted with Oregon.. A no-huddle team.. Run the play no-huddle.. Rinse & Repeat the AI obviously does not make the correct adjustments, leaving it open every time. I can't say anything for any other teams as my experience is only with Oregon. I would think Heisman level AI should recognize the play again and audible from Man-to-Zone.
3. I would love too, but my other 'companions' in my dynasty don't want me to touch the sliders. But while I'm typing do you recommend any?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »