Home

CFM moving backwards?

This is a discussion on CFM moving backwards? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-27-2013, 01:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
CFM moving backwards?

So this happened between last night and today in my 2 human CFM... we completed our offseason last night, I believe this is post season #3. So, we completed resigning players, free agents, draft, simmed thru preseason. We both played our week 1 game last night (actually finished around 1 AM this morning) and I did not advance to week 2, left it on week 1 so I could go back and practice today.

I login to the CFM and it says we are paused on human #2s pick in the 2nd round of the draft that we just completed. We always pause it for our picks during the draft, and have never had any problems with this.

My only thought is if there was a server-side issue and EA had to restore a backup or something. But, I would think this issue would be more noticeable if that was the case.

Anyone ever had this happen or hear of it? Seriously can't believe it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2013, 05:04 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: CFM moving backwards?

Had the same problem. 4 years in and my xbox randomly froze during round 5 of the rookie draft, and everytime I connect, it reverts to that spot. My friend and I even played up to week 5, and next day it reset to the offseason.

It's an online CFM so im assuming it's a problem on EA's end, but Im not sure. We just started a new CFM (Which wasnt too bad because my team became OP from good drafting and I had the 7'4'" Gbor with great hands xD)
Old 11-27-2013, 08:18 PM   #3
Rookie

Thanks for the reply man... this is frustrating! And a bit ridiculous. We've spent so much damn time on this franchise.

Thanks EA!
Old 11-27-2013, 11:18 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalanpierce1
Thanks for the reply man... this is frustrating! And a bit ridiculous. We've spent so much damn time on this franchise.

Thanks EA!
I've seen a few posts about this happening... no one mentioned a solution.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:05 AM   #5
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Jalan,

Did you upload a NCAA draft class for your CFM?

If so, there is a glitch associated with those where if you, or any user, makes a trade during the draft (or in the final scouting phase since those trades actually go through when the league advances to the draft), it will cause a glitch where the league will keep reverting back to the pick where the trade was made.

This actually happened in our CFM.. the trade was 2.18 and it was screwed up from then on as no one could make a pick and it ended up just simulating. We left it alone for the rest of the night and the next day, a few members got an email that the league had advanced (about 12 hours after we actually did advance) and the league has been fine since.

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2013, 12:08 AM   #6
Rookie

Yeah, I wish there was some way to workaround this... we were loving the CFM but don't want to start a new one as it would likely just be a waste of time.

God i wish 2K could make football games
Old 11-28-2013, 12:12 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Jalan,

Did you upload a NCAA draft class for your CFM?

If so, there is a glitch associated with those where if you, or any user, makes a trade during the draft (or in the final scouting phase since those trades actually go through when the league advances to the draft), it will cause a glitch where the league will keep reverting back to the pick where the trade was made.

This actually happened in our CFM.. the trade was 2.18 and it was screwed up from then on as no one could make a pick and it ended up just simulating. We left it alone for the rest of the night and the next day, a few members got an email that the league had advanced (about 12 hours after we actually did advance) and the league has been fine since.
Hey Jr - we uploaded a draft class for seasons 1 & 2, but not for season 3 (which is the draft that we were running through). However, the two of us did make a trade with each other and the draft freeze happened right after he made the pick that I traded to him

Whats odd is that we were able to complete the draft last night and even play week 1. Earlier today i tried going back in and drafting our guys for us.... got to the 5th round and stopped for dinner. When i logged back in, it was back at pick 2.27 kinda like you mentioned

I hope it works its way out like yours did. Thanks for the info though man, its tough trying to figure out what the heck is going on with a strange issue like this.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:37 AM   #8
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalanpierce1
Hey Jr - we uploaded a draft class for seasons 1 & 2, but not for season 3 (which is the draft that we were running through). However, the two of us did make a trade with each other and the draft freeze happened right after he made the pick that I traded to him

Whats odd is that we were able to complete the draft last night and even play week 1. Earlier today i tried going back in and drafting our guys for us.... got to the 5th round and stopped for dinner. When i logged back in, it was back at pick 2.27 kinda like you mentioned

I hope it works its way out like yours did. Thanks for the info though man, its tough trying to figure out what the heck is going on with a strange issue like this.
I agree. I wish I knew what we did to make ours figure itself out, but I'm glad it did. It would be great if EA came out and said something about this, but who even knows if they know what's going on.

Maybe try turning on notifications from the Madden CFM website if you haven't already. We simmed through the preseason, as well (I forgot to mention that).

Watch me play video games

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »