Home

PS4 Madden 25 Vita Remote Play thread

This is a discussion on PS4 Madden 25 Vita Remote Play thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-25-2013, 04:26 PM   #1
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
PS4 Madden 25 Vita Remote Play thread

I think it would be nice to use this thread to discuss all things related to playing Madden via remote play. I like the feature but it has some drawbacks. Perhaps we can all weigh in on work-arounds for limitations and such. Here is where I am at:

First of all, the responsiveness is brilliant. Feels and looks great. I am connecting directly to the PS4 via it's dedicated Wireless link to the Vita.

The main issues are the missing buttons on the Vita and how they are mapped to the touchpad of the Vita. The big problem is the R2 and L2 triggers are now mapped to the top regions of the touch pad, and as such, are very difficult to reach, especially while in action. It is hard to sprint, hard to us the modifier and hard to view pre-play pass patterns. A general pain.

Then R1 and L1 buttons are intact but too easy to bump when reaching for the touchpad below. Too many times I have accidentally pitched the ball and fumbled when nobody is around. This never happens on the PS4 controller.

Does anybody have any tips or pointers to make this a better experience? As of now I do more practice and administrative jobs via the vita and play the games on the pS4.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2013, 05:33 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: PS4 Madden 25 Vita Remote Play thread

Love it!

The controls take a bit to get use to but the gameplay is just as good (better if you like to rush with the D Line).
Old 11-25-2013, 08:51 PM   #3
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Can you add any details on how you're using the touch pad on the bottom of the vita to emulate r2 trigger? It feels completely unnatural to try to reach under and apply pressure to this flat surface while simultaneously pressing buttons in the surface.

How about the precision modifier? Both of these seem impossible to access while in the heat if the game.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

The button mapping is unnatural but I was able to get used to it fairly quickly, like during a single game. The biggest thing I found that helps is keeping your fingers away from the touch pad while not using it. It's a touch not a press like regular controller buttons so if you leave your fingers on it like you would the r2/l2 buttons it will screw up your input. I found that thinking about moving my finger to and from the touch pad = pressing and releasing the triggers as working best for me. The placement and the fact that you can't physically feel a button is awkward as well but the area is big enough that once you get a general feel for it, it's kind of hard to miss.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:02 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 12

Does remote play work away from your home, at a different location, as long as you're connected to wifi?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2013, 01:42 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

supposedly it does but I haven't gotten it to work in limited attempts.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:14 PM   #7
Rookie

Soprano00's Arena

OVR: 1

auto sprint and not using modifier is an option ? (I honestly never use the L2 modifier)
Old 11-27-2013, 02:37 PM   #8
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soprano00
auto sprint and not using modifier is an option ? (I honestly never use the L2 modifier)
That's kind of what I do right now, but I'd love to be able to use the modifier at least. When I try to reach it, I often bump the r1 button and pitch the ball!!! Oops!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »