Home

New to "The Show" orientation

This is a discussion on New to "The Show" orientation within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
New to "The Show" orientation

Hello everyone. Long-time XBox 360 guy, Baseball lover. Unfortunately, that's a marriage made in hell.

I'm a 34 yr old father of 3, so I don't game much anymore, and my XBox RROD on me.

Well, recently I got a little bonus money and have decided to purchase the PS4 for one reason, and that is "The Show" series. I've been reading blogs, reviews, videos, etc, but I figured I'd post and start a discussion about what kind of things I should expect from the game...a sort of "The Show 101." I've been playing MLB2k series for the past few years, so that's my experience.

I apologize if this thread has been posted before, but I haven't seen any recent ones. Thanks! Can't wait til next Spring!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: New to "The Show" orientation

P.S. I saw someone post about classic rosters (by Knight?) I'll have to look into this to see how you do this, because I am a huge Brewers fan and would love to replay the old 1982 WS...
Old 11-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #3
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

What sort of game modes do you enjoy and how do you think you'll spend most of your time with The Show?

Are you a Franchise/play a lot of games type of guy or a create-a-player sort of person? Or are you thinking of just watching games or only managing, etc.

This game has a lot of excellent modes but it'll be easier to help knowing how you foresee yourself playing.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:09 PM   #4
Rookie

I liked the RTTS type mode in MLB2k a little, but mostly I like playing seasons or one-off games of significance...Brewers vs. their division opponents, etc.

I definitely think the pitch count mode they talked about will help get through a full season without having to play 162 full games.

I've been watching some stuff on RTTS and I'm pretty intrigued. I think mostly it'll be season play with the "live" rosters. I've never owned a PS before, but played a lot of PS1 in college, though I don't think that'll translate too well

I do really think it'd be cool to play with some classic teams, though I haven't found anything on that process either.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #5
Rookie

hysteria499's Arena

OVR: 3

All I can say my friend is welcome to where men come to play baseball. You are going to experience one of the best baseball game's if not best sports game out there. From franchise to my favorite mode RTTS they are very good. Road to the show allows you to experience life as a player. It still needs tweaks but it is very slick. You can play as any position and play multiple positions at that. From the minors to being there a couple years or a teenage phenom. You can start out as that power hitting first basemen like a Chris Davis. Or a speedy outfielder like Ellsbury. You can be that dominating starter like Kershaw. Or the Consistent shut down closer like Mo. Call the pitches and be a great catcher. Or any other position. Road to the Show is my favorite mode of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #6
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkamsem
I liked the RTTS type mode in MLB2k a little, but mostly I like playing seasons or one-off games of significance...Brewers vs. their division opponents, etc.

I definitely think the pitch count mode they talked about will help get through a full season without having to play 162 full games.

I've been watching some stuff on RTTS and I'm pretty intrigued. I think mostly it'll be season play with the "live" rosters. I've never owned a PS before, but played a lot of PS1 in college, though I don't think that'll translate too well

I do really think it'd be cool to play with some classic teams, though I haven't found anything on that process either.
Without knowing exactly what SCEA SD is going to implement schematic-wise (of course, the always keep the current control options), I think the first thing to do when you get 14 is jump into either exhibition mode or spring training and play play play.

There's a pretty steep learning curve here.

13 introduced an excellent Beginner Mode. It's a great way for players to ease themselves in. And there's several difficulty levels for you to work your way up to.

The Show has both button and analog stick options for hitting and pitching. Mess around, discover what's comfortable for you, and try the training modes too if you get the itch to tighten up your skills.

If you start a Brewers Franchise, keep in mind that you won't be able to add a live roster to one you've already started (unless this feature is added).

Once the game comes out, myself and the other excellent OS'ers will gladly link you to previous helpful threads once specific issues arise for you. Or we'll answer them on the fly (and help you do things like download classic rosters, etc). The community here is fantastic, Developers and Moderators included.

If you end up getting 13 in the meantime, feel free to PM me if you ever get stuck.

Welcome to The Show Forum.

Last edited by Heroesandvillains; 11-25-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #7
Rookie

hysteria499's Arena

OVR: 3

Oh I also forgot to mention. Welcome to where you will find the best team of roster makers around haha. Franchise allows you to mess with ticket prices make the trades etc. Its a fun mode as well.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #8
Rookie

Sounds like a good time. The graphics are amazing! Then again, anything is amazing when one of your favorite games of all time is from 1987 (I still play - and update with current players - R.B.I. Baseball).

Really looking forward to this game, I've heard nothing but good things.

Did I read right that you can install classic rosters? Is that a simple process or do you need some hardware to transfer the saves to your PS?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »