Home

Career Mode League/Team Advise

This is a discussion on Career Mode League/Team Advise within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 7
Career Mode League/Team Advise

I have FIFA on PS4 and am looking for League/Team advice. I know very little about soccer and havent played a FIFA game since it was 16bit. I know that Man U and Chelsea are great teams so I am assuming Barclay's is a good league. I also know Mexico and Brazil are good at soccer, but haven't really heard about their leagues.

What I am looking for is a team that is decent that I can build up. Should I choose the worse team in a League like Barclay's? Are leagues unique (scheduling/playoffs etc) outside of the teams in the Leagues?

Any advice is helpful. I want to get into this game and hopefully get an understanding into Soccer for real.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2013, 06:27 PM   #2
JJT
MVP

JJT's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Career Mode League/Team Advise

Ya a team like the spurs or everton could be good to learn with. If you finish near the bottom you will be relegated to league 1 and have to work your way up again.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:45 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Im in the same boat as you. I want to learn more about soccer but i just cant figure this out. I have another thread asking for advice and how everything works but it didn't do me any good. I started a season with Liverpool and I don't know how to do or how transfers work. I also am struggling with game settings. On Professional level it's way to easy, and on World Class its way too hard. I have orions sliders and still struggling with what to put my settings on. I will win 4-0 or 4-1 on Pro but on World Class get killed by the opposite score
Old 11-26-2013, 12:19 AM   #4
Pro

doyce7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan1221
Im in the same boat as you. I want to learn more about soccer but i just cant figure this out. I have another thread asking for advice and how everything works but it didn't do me any good. I started a season with Liverpool and I don't know how to do or how transfers work. I also am struggling with game settings. On Professional level it's way to easy, and on World Class its way too hard. I have orions sliders and still struggling with what to put my settings on. I will win 4-0 or 4-1 on Pro but on World Class get killed by the opposite score
Maybe try PRO but with sliders to make it harder.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #5
Rookie

JKHERD's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm on xbox one and I'm in the same boat...I know next to nothing about soccer and I watched the MLS cup today and it was fun. But I know nothing. I just started a GM career mode with Sporting Kansas City just to learn with. I can barely shoot on goal so far let alone figure out formations and transfers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #6
Banned

RamblinWreckFromTech's Arena

The Barclays Premier League is probably the best league in the world (from top to bottom). The German Bundesliga is also a pretty good league, as well as the Italian Serie A. If I were you I'd pick a 4 and a half or 5 star team in one of those leagues to learn with!
Old 12-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #7
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...reer-mode.html

The most complicated thing is probably the transfer market but even that is essentially just a simple trade system. You make a bid to a team for a player and they'll either agree to your terms or tell you they want more money. Either way once you settle on a price, from there you negotiate with the player concerning their wage and role at your club.

The same thing applies to you selling your players. You can either put them up for sale and see who bites or if they're performing well enough other clubs will take notice and make you offers. You can either agree to the amount of money they want to give you or ask for more if you think you can get more. For the most part it's common sense. If your player is worth 2 mil and you're getting offers from 5 different clubs for 8 mil on average, that's a pretty good indication that he's in high demand and you can negotiate for a higher selling price. Once he's sold you get a % of his fee which depends on what you set your board strictness to at the beginning of your career (60, 75, or 85% if I remember correctly).

Last edited by NightmareBooster; 12-09-2013 at 11:53 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »