Home

Madden NFL 25 Impressions (Xbox One)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Impressions (Xbox One) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #1
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19
Madden NFL 25 Impressions (Xbox One)

Madden NFL 25 is now playable for thousands for the Xbox One with that console's launch. If you have the game, be sure to share your impressions below!

If you don't have the game, then no one cares about your impressions of a stream, so please don't post!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2013, 11:27 PM   #2
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 25 Impressions (Xbox One)

The graphics are awesome, IMO...There is an obvious improvement to the graphics, and my TV is native 720p...In the Xbone display settings I set the resolution to 720p, so no artificial resizing; also set the picture pixel depth from 24 to 36...The graphics really pop...deep colors with great detail...It used to be the Raiders black jersey's were always pitch black with little detail, regardless of my TV picture settings, now I can see full details of the black jerseys, down to the holes...

The CoachGlass is a major help on defense...I was able to track my opponents tendencies and adjusts my defenses accordingly...On one big occasion the Coachglass showed that the opponent was passing to their short right area of the field...So I adjusted my zone defense to their right side, using the Cover 3 and the Cover 2, and on the second play after my adjustments my DB, for the Raiders, got a pick 6...It was sweet...The defense will be much better overall in M25 NG...

True Step brings a whole new level of sim to Madden. You really have to play it to get the idea how great it is, and what it adds to the sim side of Madden...People who are reviewing M25 NG and saying that it is the same as CG, I have to wonder if they even played both games...

The run game is dialed down to a realistic level, thanks to true step, at least for my skill level...I am able to run for decent yards, about 4 yds/carry so far; and the opponents have been about the same as me...I have played against the vikings, raiders, ravens and cowboys so far, so that should give an idea of the running talent I have faced so far..

I can't imagine the AI being different between consoles; I do imagine the CoachGlass is a major addition, giving Xbone the edge, for game play...CoachGlass also shows defensive play suggestions based on the communities use of "D" plays against similar offensive formations..

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 11-22-2013 at 11:29 PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:14 AM   #3
Rookie

spacedog's Arena

Just quick thoughts, this game is awesome. I enjoyed CG Madden 25 but knew it could be improved vastly, I feel like this NG version is definitely a step in the right direction. The AI is a lot smarter, so zone coverages from the CPU are more effective, the running and movement feels a lot more realistic, the movements are much smoother. Running doesn't look or feel as goofy to me like it did last gen. There are occasional times where things like tackles and stuff suddenly speed up like others have said but it's not a big deal IMO. Even the smoothness and responsiveness of the menus and everything feel good.

This game has exceeded my expectations, and it's got me really looking forward to how they can build upon this with the ensuing games. Updated player models and real time celebrations, presentation, etc could go a long way with what I think is a very solid entry into the next generation.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:44 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Before I get into my impressions, here is a little background. I have both the PS4 and the Xbox One versions of the game. I also owned the last-gen Madden 25 for the 360 and while I thought it was the best playing Madden of that generation, the lack of any defense made me give up on it pretty fast. My favorite Maddens were from the original xbox/ps2 era with Madden 09 on the original xbox being the best of them all. I felt that last-gen never matched the quality of those games and frankly could not enjoy them because of that.

I am not a fan boy and simply want the best playing football game that I can buy. I thought that the PS4 Madden 25 was the best playing madden game since the PS2 days…From reading some of the posts in this forum I went into the game thinking that the Xbox One version would be the same as the PS4 with slightly worse graphics…with that being said, onto my Xbox One Madden 25 impressions after one game played playing on All-Pro difficulty in comparison to the PS4 version of the game (wrote notes while playing):

-First thing I noticed was that it was smoother with less hitches and "popping" when transitioning between after play cut-scenes and play selection

-I don't play with auto strafe on so that is a disclaimer for my next point...transition from strafing to running on defense is faster and much smoother. The ps4 version felt almost laggy. I attributed it to more player weight with true step but now it seems more like a control delay on the ps4.

-on that same note...oftentimes I would feel a "lack" of responsiveness when throwing a WR screen when I tried to turn upfield on the ps4...once again I just thought this was the next-gen true step but on the xbox one version you can receive the ball and go immediately..this is noticeable anytime you receive a pass and try to change directions immediately

-the overall sense of more player responsiveness is a consistent theme in the Xbox one version, including user covering in the secondary…true step can still be felt but it is no longer feels unresponsive

-pre-play defensive adjustments do not lag like they do on the ps4

-looks darker than the ps4 version (could have been the overcast weather), graphics do not pop as much but also makes it look less cartoonish

-when tackling involves multiple player collisions, it seems less wonky on the xbox one

-still sliding/warping on the offensive line when calling zone runs...often see linemen "snap" to the defensive linemen to do a double team when they are 2-3 yards away. This happens in both versions of the game

Overall I was shocked by the difference between the two games. It felt more polished and responsive, almost as if it is a more updated build of the game. The lag in the play calling/cut-scenes/and pre-play are gone in the Xbox One version. That smoothness can be felt during gameplay as well, and to me it makes the difference in playability between the two next-gen versions night and day. I can't wait to play more to see any more observations…it has potential to be the best Madden I have ever played
Old 11-23-2013, 09:44 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 3

Wow where to begin...
After the $*it storm that blew in the last month I, as well as reading peoples early hands on impressions etc, I didnt expect much AT ALL from this game.
I enjoyed the current gen for awhile but stopped playing it in preparation for the next gen release. And had I not had the option of upgrading for just 10$, I may not have had a football game for my Xbone this season which in hindsight would've been a huge disservice to myself!!
From the get go when I cranked up this game I was pleasantly surprised at the look, its not leaps and bounds better but its noticeable for sure.
Then the gameplay hooked me immediately. Everything feels better as far as player movement goes and honestly, Im wondering how the Hardcore Madden community (tournament guys etc) will receive this game. This edition of Madden feels like the game WE have all been clamoring for on sites like OS.
True Step does have an immediately recognizable impact on the running game. Its gotta be felt to be understood. Theres really no way to describe some of these new features until they are played- same with war in the trenches.
Best thing you can do is go into the replays and Zoom way in and watch the interactions between players ALL OVER the field. Every interaction is better.
I was running the ball with Bobby Rainey (TB) and on a power run right, I got to the edge following my blockers and an interesting thing happened - my RT Tackle got behind me and pushed me as I was being tackled by the CB and LB and helped me gain an extra few yards. Im not sure if this is an actual decision made by the tackle or if he was just randomly behind me and as he was running forward he ended up doing this out of complete happenstance or what but Ill tell ya it looked pretty freaking real and it helped.
The current group of people at Tiburon are starting to do wonders with this game.
The level of contextual awareness when running the ball is really sweet many times I watched as Rainey's head would turn as he scraped a linemans stomach as he was running by and brushed against the lineman but never once did that interaction cause him to fall down and end the play.
Another ridiculous aspect to true step is the ability now more than ever to be patient and watch the blocks develop and then explode to the hole or make a cut and accelerate. This is really so much more palatable than EVER before in ANY football game Ive ever played. Using the left trigger made these cuts etc definitely more precise and actually more realistic.
Finally, Im a replay freak, The removal of the highlight creator kinda sucks because there arent multiple broadcast camera angles anymore (Endzone, sideline, reverse endzone etc) at least I couldnt find them in the highlight or replay area. That all being said. The games visuals are freaking beautiful when you take the time to really zoom in and watch whats going on. The blurring of the crowd in the back ground when you almost max out the zoom during a play shows off AMAZING lighting and Scale thats never been seen before. Not 2k, Not Madden 10, NO GAME has done whats visually done in this game WHEN ZOOMED. Hopefully some day soon we will have that level of detail in the gameplay camera looks.
Anyway This versions gonna get play until Madden drops next August for sure.
ANd I cant wait to see what they unveil for next edition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #6
Rookie

I am new here but have been reading these forums for years, but wanted to make my first post to give my thoughts on Madden. As someone who enjoyed the current gen version thoroughly, I must say I went in with low expectations after seeing all of the negativity on here towards the game and I love the game, there is obviously a difference between the current-gen/next-gen versions. The lighting and such make this game so enjoyable to play, and as someone who has steamrolled the CPU in M25 last-gen, I can honestly same in the 4 games I've played, I haven't been able to win a game, the defense seems really improved, but not in a way that would make me angry, it's a good challenge, and I like that the long bomb throws are very rare(at least for me). Madden 25 Next Gen has been a pleasant surprise for me so far on the Xbox One.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralsHockey
I am new here but have been reading these forums for years, but wanted to make my first post to give my thoughts on Madden. As someone who enjoyed the current gen version thoroughly, I must say I went in with low expectations after seeing all of the negativity on here towards the game and I love the game, there is obviously a difference between the current-gen/next-gen versions. The lighting and such make this game so enjoyable to play, and as someone who has steamrolled the CPU in M25 last-gen, I can honestly same in the 4 games I've played, I haven't been able to win a game, the defense seems really improved, but not in a way that would make me angry, it's a good challenge, and I like that the long bomb throws are very rare(at least for me). Madden 25 Next Gen has been a pleasant surprise for me so far on the Xbox One.
Let me correct myself by just saying that, I made an account in July after years of not having one, but never had the urge to post! My bad.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:07 AM   #8
Rookie

troy184's Arena

OVR: 2

Alright, like the previous poster I am going to first state that I own current gen madden and have probably played over 100 games on that. After 4 games on Next Gen....2 Online against a random opponent and 2 offline on All Madden level here are my initial impressions.

-Plus

1. Running game is very realistic. Averaged between 4-5 yards a carry in both games. Loved the new tip toe the sideline feature.

2. CPU defense, i really felt challenged right from the start. As a matter of fact I fell behind 14-0 in the Super Bowl demo while my game was installing. Zones are tighter and pass rush is legit.

-Minus

1. PLAYER MODELS...they are absolutely horrible. You can tell that this was some kind of port or transfer because it almost looks like the players were copied and pasted on your screen. The "jaggies" make Madden 25 NG look terrible. I honestly felt like I was looking at Xbox 360 player models or worse.

2. Commentary...still the same old tired commentary. You can only take the announcers saying the same thing over and over before it gets old. The madden team needs to take a lesson on this.

-Plus

1. No lag at all in the 2 games I played. The game was very responsive and it actually felt like I was playing offline.

2. It seems like the game keeps a lot more stats for user vs user games than CG.

-Minus

1. QB can still drop back 25 yards and throw the ball. So lame.

2. Run Game can be easily abused. I played a user who played as the Redskins.....Alfred Morris carried the ball 12 times for 286 yards against the Seahawks? His main technique was to run a dive or off tackle play straight at the line then cut 90 degrees straight towards the sidelines and just outrun the defense. Very frustrating. I think the run game may be overpowered on All Pro Level....the default for online games.

Overall Score so far........ 5.5/10. Maybe it's the fact that the game feels old to me after playing so much CG. Or maybe I'm just disappointed in EA's lack of effort in what was supposed to be a 2 YEAR development cycle. So was Madden 25 also developed for 2 years? Because it is almost exactly the same game. If you have current gen, I would not buy this game.

Finally, I have a funny story about beating a cheeser in one of my online games. I was playing an online game and up 21-14 with one minute to go in the 4th QTR. This guy had been cheesing it up all game.....went for it on every 4th down, did an onside kick every chance he got, if I audibles to onside recover he would squib it deep and my returner struggled to come up and recover the ball, he ran hurry up the whole game....you get the point. Anyways the situation was as follows, I'm up 21-14, my ball on the opponents 7 yard line, 4th and inches, 1 minute left in the game....I do the smart thing and line up for the FG, of course my opponent lines up on the far right side of the formation to go for the block, I snap the ball and his guy comes cruising in and blocks the kick, I was so p*ssed, low and behold there was a penalty and I thought surely it was offsides....it wasn't, it was roughing the kicker. So this guy blocks my kick and gets called for roughing the kicker. Is that even possible? I don't think so LOL. So the glitcher got beat by a glitch. I accepted the penalty and downed the ball twice to end the game. Honestly, it was probably the wrong thing to do and I would never do that against a true sim player but this guy had it coming. I don't know how much more CHEESE I can take online. Every single person feels the need to go for it on 4th down and abuse money plays and glitches.....it is sad. Sorry about my rant, enjoy your Madden on Xbox 1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »