Home

Owners of both PS4 and Xbox One: Pros and Cons

This is a discussion on Owners of both PS4 and Xbox One: Pros and Cons within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 02:20 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Owners of both PS4 and Xbox One: Pros and Cons

As the proud and possibly foolish owner of both systems, I would like a thread where those of us who own both can strut around like peacocks.

Actually, I would like an unbiased place where we can figure out which games perform best on which systems. It would also be nice to know which system is best for TV functions, internet, things like that.

I hope this can be a fanboy free zone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #2
Go Wings!

OVR: 41
Re: Owners of both PS4 and Xbox One: Pros and Cons

Awesome idea for a thread. Personally I'm on the fence, and probably waiting until early next year (or if a good deal pops up sooner).

I'm weighing PS4 remote play vs. Xbox One's Kinect and tv integration stuff.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #3
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I've had both systems in with in the past week. PS4 HDMI port was messed up on my PS4 and I just took it back and got my money back for it. But this problem was in small number. So don't get to scared about it. But after returning it and getting my money back. I went and got the XB1 last night. I played one game before I went to bed. So far I'm loving the XB1. UI looks good and the controller feels pretty good. Overall once the bugs get worked out for both systems. They both will be good in the near future. It all comes down to which system you love more.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #4

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Havent been able to play games on my X1 yet as im downloading Ryse and its taking awhile. But I can give feedback on UI experience. The Xbox One UI is better in my opinion. The PS4 UI is much more simple, easy to navigate, but teh Xbox One is just packed with features and content. It also looks better to me. Thats just my opinion though. The Xbox One controller feels better in my hand but the PS4 controller is fantastic.The PS4 share feature is absolutely awesome and I expect Microsoft to implement it in some fashion in a future update just like I expect Sony to implement a deeper experience with voice controls in a future update.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #5
Pro

I haven't played a game on Xbox One yet, but I did mess with the controller last night. Initially, I like the PS4 controller better. But the true test will be after playing a few hours of games and seeing which is more comfortable and responsive.

I like the simplicity of the PS4 UI. I don't want to navigate a lot of menus. My time is limited; I want to jump in and play before my wife starts nagging me.

I've been reading that Madden is prettier on PS4 but plays better on Xbox One. Seems to me like the controller would have something to do with "playing better" especially if most gamers are used to an Xbox style controller with Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2013, 09:04 PM   #6
Pro

exposedaking's Arena

OVR: 0

I have 2k14 on both and in my experience I found it easier to pull off dribbling moves on the Xbox One.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-22-2013, 09:48 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Both systems are great in there own way. I honestly feel gamers are finally winning in a sense

At times playing Madden it looks better on PS4 and others especially day games I think it looks better on The One.

Controls IMO are better on The One playing Madden and Nba 2K. They are more responsive

PS4 is very simple to navigate and The One has a ton of options at its disposal

Sent from my iPhone
Old 11-22-2013, 10:19 PM   #8
Pro

I do believe owning both is the best of both worlds. I love the PS4's simplicity but the X Box One's UI truly seems like something next gen and exciting. It's pretty complex and will take a while to use seamlessly, but the possibilities are impressive. Watching Superman on the XBone is amazing; I have never seen a better picture. Could just be the movie.

Of all the next gen titles I have played, Forza has the most impressive visuals.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »