Home

Is 2k14 even worth the buy???

This is a discussion on Is 2k14 even worth the buy??? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-21-2013, 03:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is 2k14 even worth the buy???

Soo my plan this year was to wait it out for NG 2k14 but after seeing many features missing that are important for me, I'm now in a bit of a dilemma. Is CG 2k14 an upgrade over 2k13 enough to be worth buying or should I stick with 2k13 til 2k15. I'm just not completely sold on 2k14 yet, can someone tell me if I'm missing out on anything???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Is 2k14 even worth the buy???

I've heard the gameplay received a bit of an upgrade, in terms of nuances and whatnot.

Also, the gold menus and overlays are gone. And Jay-Z's been eliminated.

My plan is to hope current gen sees a price decrease by Christmas. I understand why they have to charge $60, but it kind of seems like an upgrade worthy of a slightly smaller price tag, considering how most elements have remained the same between this year and last.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #3
Rookie

Sports Operator's Arena

OVR: 5

I've actually been in the same boat as you, OP. I have also been throwing around buying the CG game. So, Monday I redbox'd it and I'll def be buying it....but i plan to sell Madden for NBA, so hopefully they give me $25 for Madden and that makes buying CG NBA for $35 worth it in my mind.
The game plays really well. (My opinion) Annnnd, it honestly irritated me a little bit on Monday after I saw that the game was a lot more fun than 2k13 but when I came on here for a month, all I saw was people saying that they changed nothing. It is def. improved.
If you have the means to rent from redbox in your area, I suggest you rent it for a night or two first, just to feel it out.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

If you have a halfway decent PC, get the PC version... it's $30 on Steam.

Then you can plug in either an Xbox controller or PS3 controller, download a program called MotionJoy and you will be able to use the controller to play.

Not to mention, you can mod the hell out of the PC version.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:07 PM   #5
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornBetter

Then you can plug in either an Xbox controller or PS3 controller, download a program called MotionJoy and you will be able to use the controller to play.

Oh yeah! that 2k12 ultimate base roster looks like crazy fun. I wish they will be able to convert it to 2k14 once the REDitor is out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #6
Rookie

It's a must by for people who play online. Nba 2k13 was terrible defensively, 2k14 is much more fair.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

FYI walmart has a black friday sale selling NBA 2k14 for $35 at 6pm on thanksgiving day. That is when I will be buying it, just to save a few extra bucks. I'm not sure if that offer extends into Black Friday or if it is only $35 for Thanksgiving day only. If that is the case I won't be going during thanksgiving.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:37 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornBetter

unless you want to play online
made teh mistake before of getting the pc version.. servers were almost always down.. and almost zero support .. its a really stripped down version of the game... if all you play is mycareer then go for it, that is one mode that the pc version seems to get right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »