Home

2K needs to patch player roles NOW and not wait until next year.

This is a discussion on 2K needs to patch player roles NOW and not wait until next year. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #1
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

MyGM is just horrible. I see rookies who roles that are prospect and they are still pissed and demand a trade. Also the trades are worst on next gen then current gen and some of these trades butcher some starting line ups. Clippers have traded Riddick for Blatche and Blatche is starting over Deandre Jordon and he's now a freaking bench player. This crap needs to be fixed now when we don't have the ability to turn off roles or trades. All this game is good for is playing quick games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2013, 04:19 PM   #2
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13
Re: 2K needs to patch player roles NOW and not wait until next year.

The rookies that got pissed off and asked for a trade, what was their overall? Just because they're rookies and set as prospects by the team doesn't mean they're going to be satisfied with that role and the playing time that comes with it. But if you see a low-rated rookie or a rookie that's getting more than enough minutes get pissed off for no apparent reason, let me know.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 11-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #3
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
The rookies that got pissed off and asked for a trade, what was their overall? Just because they're rookies and set as prospects by the team doesn't mean they're going to be satisfied with that role and the playing time that comes with it. But if you see a low-rated rookie or a rookie that's getting more than enough minutes get pissed off for no apparent reason, let me know.
It was Otter Porter 73 overall and Oladipo 75 overall gets pissed off that he's a 6th man.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:30 PM   #4
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

If you can get me their player cards (career stats tab so I can look at their GP and MPG) for the season as well as their morale, it would be very helpful. Cheers.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 11-20-2013, 04:31 PM   #5
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
I'm sorry Leftos, I see you're trying to justify this, but player roles need to GO.

Theres no ifs, ands or buts about it, it ruins the game. Guys who would have NO qualms coming off the bench in real life are constantly pissed. Even guys with low 70 ratings who are labeled as sixth man are still getting pissed off.

Some of these situations should never happen, some guys need a personality trait that will allow them to not get mad at their role. Way too much is based just on overall rating, this is not the way to do it, especially not in basketball with ever changing lineups on a nightly basis.

I thought you guys would finally have a smart franchise experience, but player roles and overall ratings ruin the entire mode. If they're not removed, or fixed exponentially next year, I won't be buying the game. The option to turn off player roles was an essential part of CG that we desperately needed for NG. They've become overblown and unrealistic

Last edited by Gosens6; 11-20-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2013, 04:37 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

I knew mygm would be plagued with association issues. I'm sad because I had to cancel my xbox one preorder. I was going to get bf4 also but nba 2k14 association/mygm was the MAIN reason I was getting one. Foolishly I thought upgrading to a $500 console and 2k having the power of next generation consoles I thought all the lingering issues (for years) would FINALLY be fixed.

Last edited by haloofduty; 11-20-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:38 PM   #7
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
I'm sorry Leftos, I see you're trying to justify this, but player roles need to GO.

Theres no ifs, ands or buts about it, it ruins the game. Guys who would have NO qualms coming off the bench in real life are constantly pissed. Even guys with low 70 ratings who are labeled as sixth man are still getting pissed off.

Some of these situations should never happen, some guys need a personality trait that will allow them to not get mad at their role. Way too much is based just on overall rating, this is not the way to do it, especially not in basketball with ever changing lineups on a nightly basis.

I thought you guys would finally have a smart franchise experience, but player roles and overall ratings ruin the entire mode. If they're not removed, or fixed exponentially next year, I won't be buying the game.
Its been like this for years guys, only difference is we could turn it off, this was what people like me was worried about when things like 32 team control was taken out I knew then that I would have to live with crazy trades and random upset players, the game either needs to have the logic totally fixed or 2k needs to bring back the options to turn things like cpu trade and player roles off.

im not sure why 2k is being so restricted this year but it isnt a good look,
Old 11-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #8
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Its been like this for years guys, only difference is we could turn it off, this was what people like me was worried about when things like 32 team control was taken out I knew then that I would have to live with crazy trades and random upset players, the game either needs to have the logic totally fixed or 2k needs to bring back the options to turn things like cpu trade and player roles off.

im not sure why 2k is being so restricted this year but it isnt a good look,
Yeah for real. Not being able to play offline, not being able to save rosters, and now all this player roles nonsense in MyGM, on top of not being able to play any game on the schedule is really pushing me away from this game

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »