Home

Has your outlook for Madden changed since playing M25 Next Gen?

This is a discussion on Has your outlook for Madden changed since playing M25 Next Gen? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
View Poll Results: Has your outlook for Madden changed since playing Madden 25 Next Gen
Yes, I feel better now after playing it 65 59.09%
It hasn't changed, I need to see more 21 19.09%
I have less hope now 24 21.82%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Has your outlook for Madden changed since playing M25 Next Gen?

Simply, do you have more or less hope for Madden now after playing Madden 25 on next gen?

(I voted that it hasn't changed, I need to see more) I haven't played the game yet, so I feel that is only fair.

I know a lot of people were extremely negative and for the most case rightly so, based on the previous product delivered, but I'm just curious to see if that opinion has changed much since people have played M25 next gen or if it's about the same. Who knows maybe this poll can help the devs see what they're doing right and need to improve on as well.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 11-20-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2013, 02:13 PM   #2
Rookie

jjazwick's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Has your outlook for Madden changed since playing M25 Next Gen?

After finally getting to play Madden Next Gen the past couple days, I feel it does play better than current gen. I have been playing with minor adjustments to All Madden settings and with a few tweaks with the penalty sliders. I just enjoyed a challenging game were I did lose.

I think with another year to develop and hopefully we get a broadcast package similar to NBA Live 14 then it may finally be the game we all want! I want to see Stat banners based on day, season and career built into the game!

HuskerFan214
Old 11-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #3
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

In short, Yes, it has.

This game has bought EA some time to really impress me with M15

M25 next gen is a definitive step in the right direction

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

It's given me hope, but based on past experiences I don't think it's beyond possibility that they ruin everything that has made next gen 25 playable and try and add features that don't work and completly let us all down again with 15. EA needs to build a positive track record with progressing the title through gameplay and this is a start.

What's crazy to me is that its clearly a port and this game could've been released 5 years ago on CG.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:16 PM   #5
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

It's certainly given me more hope than the past few iterations of the game. Lets chalk the lack of next gen graphics and features up to the fact that this was their first game on a new generation. Only time will tell how much better EA can make this game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #6
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
It's given me hope, but based on past experiences I don't think it's beyond possibility that they ruin everything that has made next gen 25 playable and try and add features that don't work and completly let us all down again with 15. EA needs to build a positive track record with progressing the title through gameplay and this is a start.

What's crazy to me is that its clearly a port and this game could've been released 5 years ago on CG.
As far as True Step running goes, it would not have been possible on current gen. NBA 2k even said something similar about their running cycle, next gen tech allows them to create much more realistic running locomotion. With True Step, the animations are no longer compressed and there's an animation for every step, in the past there was one animation for every 3 steps.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:52 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 5

First, I DO NOT HAVE NG. Just going by what others that I trust have said in the impressions thread. Personally, I would say I'm more anxious and interested in seeing M15 and how much progress is made after reading the impressions thread. I really can't say more optimistic yet, but definitely more anxious and interested.

Progress just seems to be so slow, though I do like what I'm reading about the CPU on field AI looking improved in NG. For me to be optimistic, EA/Tib would need to make much greater strides each year, and stay the course. EA/Tib really does have to prove consistent progress over time, like The Show and NBA2K.

I wasn't going to even come into this thread since I don't have NG (going by the thread title), but I noticed the OP voted and said he doesn't have NG Madden.

I'm mid 50's and so disappointed in last gen Madden. It's not like I'm in the teens or early 20's and have a lifetime left. It just feels like EA/Tib took way to much time from me, time that I don't have to spare. I thought M12 was at least starting down the right track, and they just went in a completely different direction with a horrendously buggy M13. I did get M25 CG and though there are major things I just don't like about it (progression system and XP), I still had/have some fun with it. Really wish I would have been eligible for the $10 upgrade, but oh well.

So, yes, after reading the M25 NG impressions, I'm more anxious and interested in finding out where M15 goes.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 6

I've been very critical of Madden.

Madden 25 NG is the best football game I've played since 2k5, if not ever.

Is it perfect? No. But the flaws are minor, and can easily be fixed in Madden 15.

Defense actually plays defense. I've played 15 games online (14-1), and not once have I been able to legitimately beef with the defensive play. If I put my players in position, I get turnovers, I get stops, etc.

Defensive lines get pressure. It's possible to get pressure controlling interior d-line.

Offense is actually a challenge. The most difficult opponents are ones who run balanced offenses. No more scrambling all the time, no more passing every down. I struggle most with those who mix it up.

Running feels realistic.

I think I'm averaging about 22 ppg and allowing about 13.5 ppg. I haven't had such realistic stats (relative to how I play the game -- 55/45 run/pass, bend but don't break or give up deep stuff defense) ever.

What needs to be fixed?

For some reason, I struggle mightily with having to hold down triangle for user picks now. Sometimes my controlled player just stands their.

The sharp cutting is too dramatic sometimes and slows players down too much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »