Home

Help with My Career Please

This is a discussion on Help with My Career Please within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-18-2013, 08:29 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Help with My Career Please

By no means do I consider myself a pro at these games. Nor is this a bash on 2k14 as I actually love the game. I have some issues with the challenges and the way it seems to work, maybe its me?

1) I can be in the middle of covering a guy when out of nowhere he is no longer my coverage assignment and I lose rating because my guy was allowed to score?? am I doing something wrong?

2) The game doesn't seem to want to let me dunk a put back instead forces me to stand there, maybe again I'm doing it wrong.

3) I know this one is stats related but cant find any place to fix the problem. I'm a C and I find that other big men are able to seemingly jump over and over again while I can jump maybe once or twice and end up losing out on the rebounds.

4) I get these goals that require me to outscore my counter part or score 10 in the quarter and I would have no problem with this except the AI refuses to give me the damn ball lol. I cant call for a pass because it says bad call for pass. Is there a way to help this or is it more of a chemistry / skill related problem that fixes itself?

PSN: I-JayDee-I

Last edited by Rattler17; 11-18-2013 at 08:31 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Help with My Career Please

bumb

Still would like some input on this.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #3
Rookie

Bumb once more

Old 11-19-2013, 10:09 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think it happens to all of us at some point, I know it's happened to me. I think it happens most in transition defense. Try to find a guy to guard as soon as possible and stick with that guy. Once you get the hang of that and want to try and play help defense to get steals/blocks at a greater rate, it may help get your grade up if you are successful.

I get frustrated too with the AI not passing it to me at times so I'll ask for the ball before you cross halfcourt. That usually doesn't result in the bad pass ding.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:15 AM   #5
Rookie

I haven't played C before but calling for pass seems to be related to team chemistry as well as team grade. In CG 2k14 I'd even get the ball to start a play, without asking for it, as a SG when I was hot, which was pretty neat. My best guess is you'll be able to ask for the ball more once you've increased team relations and you're performing well. If there's any realism to the game at all, as a center you shouldn't be getting passes unless you're wide open near the top of the key, or posting up close to the basket. Try calling for a pass under those circumstances and maybe you'll have better success.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #6
Rookie

Could #1 be because you are in zone defense? I had this happen to me before when we were in zone defense.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #7
Rookie

1. Are you sagging off of the PF/C you are supposed to guard? Sometimes when I'm in man I'll sag off of the C, and then a Sf makes a cut to the basket and he becomes my assignment. Or there will be a cluster of people fighting for a rebound and all of a sudden the SF at the 3 point line is my guy. Other than that your assignments shouldn't be shifting wildly in man d.

2. Upgrade your standing dunk. I had to get mine to I think 75 before my guy actually started dunking under the rim.

3.learn how to box out. If you box out and upgrade your guy's hands rating you should be grabbing rebound's easily without a lot of jumping(my players very is 45)Also think about upgrading your stamina rating if you are struggling to jump.

4.The reality is as a C we are going to get a bad call fr pass unless you are backing down someone in the low post. If you want the 10 straight points challenges without getting bad call for passes, then my suggestion is bump your emotion to 90 and buy that on coach court skill thing for 2k VC.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #8
Rookie

Thanks guys. My problem with buying VC is I have heard it doesnt work in My Career and I dont play anything really other then My Career so racking up a ton of points is extremely difficult.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »