Home

NBA Live 14 Feedback/'15 Wishlist Thread

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Feedback/'15 Wishlist Thread within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-17-2013, 11:40 AM   #1
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8
NBA Live 14 Feedback/'15 Wishlist Thread

As people are starting to get the game/gameplay videos are being released, figured this thread will be MUCH needed. Figure we have a lot of respected members here that could provide constructive feedback to the Live team. What they do with it, is clearly up to them.

Use this thread to post feedback/comparisons/examples of things that are good/bad in NBA Live '14.

Also, use this to post things you wish to see changed/fixed/added/removed in NBA Live '15.

This is NOT a thread for 2k comparison/trolling.

Mods if you could sticky this, it would be much appreciated.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #2
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: NBA Live 14 Feedback/'15 Wishlist Thread

Fix the movement/physics/animations. I know some here don't see it and never will - because it has become something you take for granted when seeing NBA Live gameplay (since Elite - and before 10) that it has become INVISIBLE to many. I can't look past that. I don't care if the spacing is amazing, if the AI sets picks in the perfect moment, or if the stats are perfect. NONE of this matters to me if the players don't move/animate/interact like humans.

So please, please, and please...! FIX THE MOVEMENT/ANIMATIONS/PHYSICS. This is the base. Please don't ignore this issue. You are heading in the right direction with presentation and AI (for the most part), but none of this matters if the players move like it's 2006.

Please, look at Live 10 that wasn't perfect, but if you compare the movement/physics to what was created after - it's like Live 10 was played on a PS4, and Live 14 is played on a PS2.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

All I ask is that you don't listen too much to the community and stick to your vision. We don't need another animations-over-everything 2K game. Stick to your guns and create the game you want to make. Give us something different from 2K (which is what you are doing, so far, so good) and don't listen to the people who just want your game to look like what 2K is doing.

You guys are on the right path. Stick with it.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:32 PM   #4
Pro

DIRK41NOWITZKI's Arena

OVR: 0

Make the animations smoother and from what I've heard, the controls need to be more responsive. Add more texture to the graphics because Live 14 looks a little bland. Other than that I don't have any other complaints or feedback.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #5
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

-remove van gundy from the broadcast

-add a practice mode

-more camera angles

-game face

-edit players outside of rising star

-sliders

-refine the post moves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
-add a practice mode
This is so necessary. I'm stunned they chose not to include one in this year's game. Stunned.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #7
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

Presentation:
Great start. Love the detail of the pre-game. The outside arena view looks great. The commentary during the intro is good but could be more throughout and more focused around potential in game match ups and team statistics.

Commentary in-game needs work. Too many pauses and basic calls. Need more off the cuff banter and space filling talk. One of the great things about Breen and Van Gundy is their in-between play banter.

Crowd at first listen needs beefing up, especially when it is set to a CF or Finals game. Need more ambient noise, random crowd yells/chants. More "rowdiness" on opponent free throws. More camera angles and cuts to show crowd reactions/ player reactions.

Halftime show is great. Jalen Rose sucks though as expected. Need more detailed commentary regarding performances and statistics. Wired piece could be longer but it is a nice touch.

Physics:
All physics aside from dribbling need tuning. Player momentum and weight should be considered when there is contact in the paint. Players currently go undeterred to rim and none of this is taken into consideration. Goran Dragic should not be barreling through Blake Griffin with no consequence or reaction.

Foot planting is conditional. Players off the ball still look like they are gliding when they run. Dribbling mechanics work well and moves and move animations make sense contextually.

Passing needs serious tuning. Ball travels at various speeds and really doesn't revolve around context. Entry bounce passes travel at warp speeds, but passes around perimeter lag at certain points.

Players still warp to rim on layups/dunks. There is no loading of weight when going to jump and context on when each of these occur are really not taken into consideration. And again players go undeterred. People should not be going into layups from behind the rim.

Cloth physics are also horrid. Shorts bounce incredibly stiff and weird. This has been an issue for years now.

Animations:
Aside from dribbling, everything else is pretty bad. Shooting animations have a weird speed to them. Animation transitions are incredibly shoddy. (IE Off the dribble shooting; Running and dunking)

Still no signature FTs and a limited amount of signature shots? In 2013 that is unacceptable and the ones that are included look nothing like their real life counterpart.

Running/walking/standing animations all need refined. Is it that difficult to mo-cap people walking and running?

Will expand more in later posts.

Also ADD THE ABILITY TO EDIT RATINGS AND SLIDERS!! Not including this is unacceptable. Not everyone wants to rely on Synergy data for gameplay. Ratings and Sliders allow us to edit/fix issues that can't be resolved just by adding Tendency %s.

In-Game injuries. Add them.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

I think the #1 thing to Bring back LIVE to where is should be in CUSTOMIZING Options. I am really hoping that Live 15 ADDs in alot of Customizing Options. Live has been out of the Market for awhile, so I expected a Bare bones release. Which for me is fine as Long as it IMPROVES by Leaps and Bounds next year. UNLIKE OTHER games, Live has taken a 3 year break, so I am giving them time to make it back to where they were in their Prime. With that being said, here is My Wishlist for Live 15. These 7 things WOULD make LIVE #1 in my book.

1. Make GAMEPLAY #1 Priority.

2. Make BASE Game Modes #2 Priority. Association Mode(On-Line, Off-Line), Season Mode, Playoff Mode and Career Mode need to work PROPERLY before adding more Modes.

3. Let USERs Edit Players, Sliders, Coaching Profiles/Settings. Keeping the Up****** Service that is in Place now is fine, just give USERs options as EVERYONE has different opinions on HOW the Game and Players should play.

4. Let USERs make Draft Classes with full Custom Options

5. Have an IN-Depth Association Mode for Off-Line and Off-Line USERs.

6. Have a Create a Player and Create a Team Options

7. Give USERs plenty of Practice Options so they can learn the game and plays to run in the game

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »