Home

No upgrade offer from CurrentGen to NextGen for PS4

This is a discussion on No upgrade offer from CurrentGen to NextGen for PS4 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-15-2013, 05:52 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
No upgrade offer from CurrentGen to NextGen for PS4

This is such a bad move by EA not offer an upgrade, EA mislead many people into believing there would be an upgrade for those who bought it for current gen. People on twitter are livid over this just check @EAMaddenNFL's mentions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2013, 05:55 AM   #2
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: No upgrade offer from CurrentGen to NextGen for PS4

Only a few games are covered by the different upgrade programs, I wasn't ever expecting one to magically appear that wasnt already... though I think Best Buy and Amazon both had one that applied to Madden for one or both of the consoles.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #3
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

EA Sports has a whole bunch of different upgrade offers which vary by retail outlet and has had these posted since August.

It appears the PS4 Madden 25 offers in the United States have expired, however, likely because the PS4 has hit store shelves.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
EA Sports has a whole bunch of different upgrade offers which vary by retail outlet and has had these posted since August.

It appears the PS4 Madden 25 offers in the United States have expired, however, likely because the PS4 has hit store shelves.
I didn't see anywhere in your link that had a digital download offer. Just offers from retail outlets for the actual game trade in with purchase of new console and a transfer of MUT teams.

I'm with those that say EA should have offered an upgrade price to ALL that purchased CG M25. EA would be able to verify my purchase of M25 since I bought it straight from them on digital download.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #5
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I didn't see anywhere in your link that had a digital download offer. Just offers from retail outlets for the actual game trade in with purchase of new console and a transfer of MUT teams.

I'm with those that say EA should have offered an upgrade price to ALL that purchased CG M25. EA would be able to verify my purchase of M25 since I bought it straight from them on digital download.
I don't necessarily disagree.

There's indeed no recourse there for anyone who purchased the game from XBOX Live Marketplace or PSN, or anyone who wanted to keep playing their current version of Madden 25 during the trade-in window. I personally would be more willing to make the next-gen jump if I knew I could have effortlessly purchased Madden 25 for $10 at next-gen launch while holding on to my current physical copy for the 360 until that time; as it stands today, I see few compelling reasons to make the $500+ trade up based on Madden alone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2013, 04:23 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Crazy.. I just bought the PS4 at midnight a few hours ago thinking I would be able to download the Madden for 10 dollars since i already purchased it on PS3 and was highly disappointed I couldn't when I got home. I got more pissed off after seeing you can do it for a few other games.. Guess I have to go shell out extra 60 dollars for it tomorrow. Come on EA. Smh..
Old 11-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Same boat here. Just got the PS4 last night. Argh!! Should have done better research. I could have sworn I read that if you have the hard copy you should just pop it in.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:49 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubankaos
Same boat here. Just got the PS4 last night. Argh!! Should have done better research. I could have sworn I read that if you have the hard copy you should just pop it in.
Yeah I just took my PS3 copy back to gamestop and got 20 dollars off..Sucks but it's better then paying the full price...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »