Home

I need some help

This is a discussion on I need some help within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-14-2013, 06:41 PM   #1
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7
I need some help

Hey OS, I casually watch hockey but I don't know the intricacies. I recently bought NHL 13 through gamefly and started playing Be A GM mode and I am lost both on and off the ice. Well on I am doing ok, I just suck on defense. Is there a guide or something for Be A GM and does anyone have any pointers for on ice strategies. Also where do I set player roles and all that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #2
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: I need some help

http://www.operationsports.com/strat...rate-part-one/

http://www.operationsports.com/strat...rate-part-two/

http://www.operationsports.com/strat...te-part-three/

These guides do a pretty good job of teaching you the ropes. As far as setting roles, it is in the Build an AI. you can set different styles for different lines, that's about as detailed as it gets. There's not a way to tell an individual player to play a certain style, unfortunately.

Last edited by Cletus; 11-15-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #3
Rookie

buzzguy's Arena

OVR: 12

Start on the easiest level, maybe slow the game down a bit, and go from there. Hockey is awesome, and with some time with the game, you'll see why!
Old 11-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #4
Pro

DaRK's Arena

OVR: 0

basic rules of playing defense imo, this is how i play defense anyways
  • take away space - don't go for a big check or a complete stop, moreso take away the space of the opposing player so they can't get a good shot / pass off
  • don't pinch often - i'd really only pinch on the power play or when you absolutely need to, no reason to give up a 3 on 1
  • block shots - shot blocking is pretty huge in hockey, blocking those big blasts from the point can stop dirty rebound goals
  • stay positioned - ties in with pinching, don't give up stupid goals because your defenseman are out of position

pretty general list but as you get better you'll learn the intricate details and understand how to defend well.
The reason I always root for multiple teams is because if one team doesn't make the playoffs or gets eliminated, I loose interest in the sport until next season if my team gets eliminated early. It keeps things interesting if you still have a team you like in the playoffs...

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »