Home

NFL2k5 Franchise - A Fresh start - Questions

This is a discussion on NFL2k5 Franchise - A Fresh start - Questions within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-13-2013, 08:26 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
NFL2k5 Franchise - A Fresh start - Questions

I purchased NFL2K5 off Ebay for $5 shipped and fired up my PS2 after about 6 years. After all this talk about the Next Gen I wanted to go back and see how I still felt about 2K5. Once I cleaned a few things on my PS2 the game loaded and I was on my way. I played a couple games for a Franchise I hadn't played since '06 and found players were all over the place and random rookies were here and there...so I wanted to start from scratch.

I am controlling all 32 teams for the sake of trading and drafting. I decided to use the Houston Texas because Andre Johnson is still just a young blooming star and he is one of my favorite players of today.

I took the time to Get Drew Brees over to the Saints and Manning over to the Broncos and a few other minor trades. I know they did not play for those teams in 2004 but I just want to see how it would play out if they did. Funny to see Phillip Rivers as a rookie, it doesn't even have a picture for him.

My goal is to play through for awhile and add the people the teams drafted year after year. Like Aaron Rogers, Roddy White, etc and I am curious where I might find a list of draft results since 2004? Nfl.com?

Also I want to setup the play style of each team to represent how they play today like Saints passing 60% of the time vs 40% run. Anyone know where this information could be listed or do I just have to go with my gut?

Last thing I already found some money plays with AJ and I can easily get 200+ yards a game playing on All-Pro. Does the AI get smarter on the next level or should I just use the recommended sliders in one of the above stickies?

thanks,
Rich
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2013, 11:04 PM   #2
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NFL2k5 Franchise - A Fresh start - Questions

Sounds interesting.

You can find draft results just about anywhere. But if you want some more in-depth stats like 40 times, bench press, etc. I'd use NFLDraftScout. Having those numbers you can use Puja's scale to create pretty accurate representations.

For run/pass percentages: http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/rushing-play-pct

You have to kind of have to have some restraint when it comes to go-to plays or "cheese" plays. Slants over the middle are the cheesiest of the cheese lol. Just use them in clutch situations so you don't have like 90% completion every game.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:06 AM   #3
Banned

Very cool and thanks! Yeah I use a post slant to Gaffney on 3rd down if needed and complete it about 75% of the time and then there is a streak I can do with Johnson. Ok dang...I was hoping I could "smarten" up the game a little. Last time I played I enjoyed destroying the other teams...now I was realism...as best as I can,.

Thanks for the links...they will be very helpful!
Old 11-17-2013, 09:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

A word of caution:

You can only edit a limited number of players in game. Sad, but true.

I tried a similar project a while back and maxed out my editable players. This applies to any edits made - including existing players. I want to say it's about 50 players or so. Then the game says "Can not edit any more players" or something like that. It does not reset after each season either. Kinda weird.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaglen
A word of caution:

You can only edit a limited number of players in game. Sad, but true.

I tried a similar project a while back and maxed out my editable players. This applies to any edits made - including existing players. I want to say it's about 50 players or so. Then the game says "Can not edit any more players" or something like that. It does not reset after each season either. Kinda weird.
No kidding...Crap! I dont want to edit anyone but I want to add at least 32 a year...that blows.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

Good luck!

I recently played this after about 3 years and it aged very well IMO. Still a great FB game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »