Home

Has Fifa 14 gotten harder since the last patch?

This is a discussion on Has Fifa 14 gotten harder since the last patch? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-12-2013, 05:48 AM   #1
Rookie

LousyJackRanga's Arena

OVR: 0
Has Fifa 14 gotten harder since the last patch?

As the title suggests, I have been finding this game harder since the last patch. With Fifa 13 I played on WC without any issues and now find myself struggling in professional on 14.

I am no rookie either as I've been playing these type I games since Fifa 94 and the earlier Pro Evo games.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #2
Rookie

mctrees02's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Has Fifa 14 gotten harder since the last patch?

I've played 3 games on WC since the 1.03 patch and the CPU has been beating me up.

Chelsea 0-2 Everton
Ivory Coast 2-3 England
Chelsea 1-3 Bayern Munich

The Ivory Coast result wasn't that crazy I wanted to play an all-out attack while trying out some formations and player combos in a friendly. However with Chelsea, I like to work a defensive minded counter attack but it's being eaten alive. Fellaini (still at Everton) popped home 2 headers and their goalie made 4-5 huge saves. Against Bayern, it was again more goals on headers as they got a 2-0 lead by the 55th and then snuck in a 3rd when I was going all out for the draw (home leg of CL round of 16).

I'm wondering if they nerfed human heading ability because my defenders that are good in the air had very little interest in going up to fight for a contested ball on 3 of the 4 headed goals. They were in position but never jumped when I told them to.

The tweaks to shooting headers has drastically reduced their effectiveness. They've gone from being way too easy to just about right. Defenders on the line have become adept at clearing them out on free kicks as well.

Hopefully one of the slider junkies will make some mods that level up the playing field on WC. I really don't want to go back down to Professional sine the CPU won't take enough chances down there.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #3
Banned

lol, i found the game to get much much easier after the latest patch tbh

btw, i'm comparing fifa 14 patch 1.02 with fifa 14 patch 1.03. you can't really compare the game post patch with fifa 13. fifa 14 was already harder than 13 before the patch.

Last edited by Gonira; 11-12-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:32 AM   #4
Just started!

chenxingljy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LousyJackRanga
As the title suggests, I have been finding this game harder since the last patch. With Fifa 13 I played on WC without any issues and now find myself struggling in professional on 14.

I am no rookie either as I've been playing these type I games since Fifa 94 and the earlier Pro Evo games.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
FIFA 14 is dramtically physical, and player acceleration now resembles actual human acceleration. i think passing is harder, but crossing is easier. atsm, it’s a little hard to play the ball through the middle of the field, meaning you have to apply the wings more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »