Home

The Ultimate Conf. Realignment for 2014 and beyond............

This is a discussion on The Ultimate Conf. Realignment for 2014 and beyond............ within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-06-2013, 01:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
The Ultimate Conf. Realignment for 2014 and beyond............

Ok guys you have to bear with me because this can get confusing. Do it in this order as well.

-So first I moved all ten PAC10 teams to the Colonial and also Colorado and Utah making it the PAC12 (this temporarily puts VCU in the Moun West and William & Mary in the BIG12).

-I then swap the A10 with the SEC and also Texas A&M and Missouri making it the new SEC (this puts Temple in the BIG12 for good and Xavier temporarily also in the BIG12).

-Then I swap the BIGTEN with the SunBelt and also add Maryland and Nebraska (this temporarily puts W.Kentucky in the BIG12 and Troy in the ACC)
Side Note: I know the new BIGTEN will have 14 teams but Im just keeping Rutgers in with their old conf because only one conf. on this game allows 14 teams and since the SEC is established already Im picking them and leaving Rutgers put. You will see why in a second........

-Now Im going to make the new BIGEAST. I swap Loyola (IL) with Creighton. This move actually establishes the new Missouti Valley Conf. because they only lost Creighton and added Loyola (IL) so this works perfectly.......Then I swap the rest of the Horizon League with the old BIG EAST members and Youngstown St with Xavier (who you can find in the BIG12) to make the new BIGEAST.

-I then try to make the BIG12 in the PAC10 (which has Colonial teams in it at the moment). So I swap the BIG12 teams into the PAC10 and if you go in order TCU with Towson (who temporarily moves to the MounWest) and West Virginia with UNC Wilmington (who temporarily will be in the games BIG EAST).

-Then I make the new American Athletic Conf. in the old BIG12 including Navy which doesn't go until 2015. You swap the 3 teams that are still in the BigEast (Cin, UConn and South Florida and the rest are still in ConfUSA) and Navy which is in the games Patriot League and now you have the new AAC.

-Then I swap whats left in the BIG EAST with the ACC and now you have the new ACC but its called the BIG EAST in this game (confusing I know). Also Rutgers is still in with these teams just because the game doesn't allow for another 14 team conference).

ALL the Major Conferences are now Done. This leaves other conferences kinf of scrambled. If you want to fix those keep reading..........

-For the MounWest I swap them with the SOUTHERN Conference. You have to pull teams out of the MounWest and the WAC.

-I then make the new WCC and swap them with the teams in the SOUTHWESTERN Conf. Pacific is in the BigWest if you can't find them.

-I now have all the real A-10 teams in the SOUTHEASTERN Conf. and I swap Charlotte with George Mason (who you can find in the ConfUSA) and I swap Fordham with VCU (who you can find in the MounWest). Sorry if your a Fordham fan.

-For the new CONFUSA they are still in the CONFUSA but I am not including North Texas or UTSA. Most of the teams (except LouTech who you can find in the WAC) are in the BIGTEN at this moment.

-Now to make the new Horizon league I use the old MounWest. You can find the teams in the ACC and Oakland in the Summit League.

I will say that this concludes all the major and mid-major conferences for the most part. A bunch of other conferences will be a little scrambled but if you don't care like I don't because they are irrelevant for the most part then this should be just fine. You have to ignore all the conference names of course but if you want mostly all the teams together like they are now and for even the next few years this is the way to go I think.
Gal 2:20
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The Ultimate Conf. Realignment for 2014 and beyond............

Great Post. I was just about to make a new thread asking if anyone had a solution for all of the conference changes for this year.
How long did this take you to complete?
Old 11-08-2013, 07:14 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW23MW
Great Post. I was just about to make a new thread asking if anyone had a solution for all of the conference changes for this year.
How long did this take you to complete?
About an hour. It might take a little longer if u don't know what your doing. Follow these step by step and you should be fine.
Gal 2:20
Old 11-10-2013, 10:00 PM   #4
Rookie

This is very impressive. Unfortunately this is the last college bball game we may see for some time
Old 11-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #5
Rookie

I just finished doing the reshuffling of conferences and one thing does suck about it...

I use Providence who is in the big east but in the horizon with this switch and it becomes impossible to make a schedule. Because I am not "Prestige" enough I cannot play any decent teams at home in the non conference and it also has two league games in early December making the schedule at the front end very cramped. It is a minor price to pay but something to keep in mind
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #6
Rookie

BoilerBaller4's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHammer113
I just finished doing the reshuffling of conferences and one thing does suck about it...

I use Providence who is in the big east but in the horizon with this switch and it becomes impossible to make a schedule. Because I am not "Prestige" enough I cannot play any decent teams at home in the non conference and it also has two league games in early December making the schedule at the front end very cramped. It is a minor price to pay but something to keep in mind
Also do note that if you plan on doing a long term legacy with these, then the power will shift to the teams that are in the game's Big Ten, ACC, SEC, etc. because the CPU will recruit the 5 star players for those teams since they are in a power conference. The B1G and Pac-12 teams (in the Colonial and Sun Belt in this realignment) will likely fall off after a few seasons, and the MWC and WCC teams (in the Southern Conference and SWAC) will become "small" schools. Just the small price we have to pay for conference accuracy.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:39 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

^^welp, I guess that just made my decision. Prior to reading your response I was considering reshuffling the conferences to match up closely with how they are now, but I'd rather keep the teams and recruiting trails towards them as realistic as possible.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:25 PM   #8
Pro

USNAggie44's Arena

OVR: 3

Dumb question...
How do you move the teams?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »