Home

Creating Recruits

This is a discussion on Creating Recruits within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-04-2013, 06:39 PM   #1
Rookie

Guru03's Arena

OVR: 5
Creating Recruits

I do offline dynasty in NCAA and I feel guilty when I create a recruit, especially if they are good or great. Oftentimes, generated guys don't fit my system so I am seriously considering another idea, which is to create every guy that I recruit. But I want y'alls input on it first though.

1) Is only recruiting recruits that you created chessing?
2) Is creating recruits cheesing?
3) How do I need to rate the recruits (as in player rating attributes)?
4) Would it be a good idea to only recruit created recruits in a dynasty? Why or why not?

- Clemson
- Michigan
- Michigan State (because of Anthony Ianni)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2013, 06:48 PM   #2
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Creating Recruits

Well one time I created Boss McBoss, my RTG QB as a recruit, and he was rated 99 overall, but I don't consider that cheating because he is 99 overall in RTG mode.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:38 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

The only time I ever created a recruit was in NCAAF 09 or something and I created Shane Falco (QB from the movie The Replacements) and I failed to recruit him so I never tried it again.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:21 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

It's single player mode. Do whatever makes it fun and interesting to you.

I got so sick of the recruiting on last years game I just didn't do it and then edited all the guys the CPU brought in to make them fit what I thought was fair for my team. Is that cheesing? Definitely. Did it extend my enjoyment of the game? Definitely.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:09 AM   #5
Rookie

MWit28725's Arena

I started creating 2 recruits a year to reflect those super-freshmen that we see so often making impacts these days. They aren't maxed out in any way and still have room to grow, but its adds a little more intrigue.

One thing I always do though is randomize where they are from so that I'm not just putting them in my team's home state or anything like that, making it a little more of a crap shoot whether I get them or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #6
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
It's single player mode. Do whatever makes it fun and interesting to you.

I got so sick of the recruiting on last years game I just didn't do it and then edited all the guys the CPU brought in to make them fit what I thought was fair for my team. Is that cheesing? Definitely. Did it extend my enjoyment of the game? Definitely.
This sounds like what I did, except with a player already on the roster. AJ Schurr, my QB, was low rated but put up Heisman stats anyway, so I raised his ratings hoping that would make him a Heisman candidate. Still trying to figure out though how a player becomes a Heisman winner in this game.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #7
Just started!

OVR: 0

Interesting that you would have difficulty getting one of your guys to be a Heisman candidate... I'm in my fourth season as an OC and so far I've had the last 2 Heisman winners on my squad (at two different schools), and currently the top two candidates are my RB and QB!

On the creating recruits, though, I second the notion that since it's a single player mode, do whatever helps you to enjoy the game more! I've only tried it once, and that was in NCAA '12... I made up a super-stud RB recruit who was from Michigan, but when he chose the Buckeyes over the Wolverines, it sort of soured that idea and I haven't bothered to try it since...
Old 11-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #8
Rookie

I go to ESPN or other recruiting websites and create the maximum number of prospects and try to make everything accurate. Being from Arizona I create the top 10 Arizona prospects and get them within the range they are actually rated (4 star prospects are usually 73-77) then as ASU I try to go recruit them. At the beginning I almost never get the 5 star recruits but as my program improves I start having more luck. Some of the recruits I created don't even give my program a look and it's cool to see what recruits go where and in some cases I've created studs but they are rated 3 stars with much lower ratings than I created so you can recruit them and with scouting unlock their true ratings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »