Home

Official NBA 2K14 My GM Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K14 My GM Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-03-2013, 11:44 PM   #1
Pro

CookNBA03's Arena

OVR: 0
Official NBA 2K14 My GM Thread

Never too early for this! Post all ideas, decisions, events, pictures, videos, trades, signings, press events, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2013, 12:12 AM   #2
Pro

CookNBA03's Arena

Re: Official NBA 2K14 My GM Thread

Come on people, this mode will be great!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My GM.jpg (437.9 KB, 260 views)
Old 11-04-2013, 01:46 AM   #3
Banned

Hope so, can't say I'm not excited.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:24 AM   #4
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Potential, logic, correct coaching pools and sim engine.

Just get this right 2k, and I'll never even think about complaining about Association/MyGM again.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:29 AM   #5
Rookie

JayWork's Arena

It looks absolutely promising. I'd be lying if this mode is one of the great factors for me purchasing a NG console on release date.

GT - ObeyReubenJay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #6
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Here's what I posted in the first official MyGM thread...

Now I know you 30 team association guys aren't happy, so this topic probably won't be for you. The last thing I want this to turn into is a back and forth about which is better, blah blah blah, we've had enough arguing on this forum for the past two weeks, let's just have a REAL discussion about MyGM mode.

I for one, think it's an amazing mode that will add a ton to 2Ks franchise mode. This quote I read in a new article about it has me extremely excited.

Quote:
NBA 2K14 will remember everything you say and use it against you: 2K Sports senior producer Erick Boenisch made light of a particular situation he experienced while testing the franchise mode and their new conversation engine. In it, he was the general manager of the Sacramento Kings and told DeMarcus Cousins that he had a long-term plan of building a winner in California’s capital. But with the team struggling in Year 2 of his franchise, Boogie apparently drew back from a conversation last year to say that he wasn’t happy, and thusly wanted to be traded immediately.
Why does this excite me? I made a thread a few years back when NBA 2K13 came out, and me and a bunch of other guys had some really excellent ideas on what to implement, and it seems 2K might have listened.

While there are still player roles, it seems like a players personality takes into affect when accepting their role, not just their overall rating. We might finally be able to have real sixth men, ALA Manu Ginobili, Crawford, Etc. Guys with certain personalities may not complain about coming off the bench, older guys looking to win a ring might not complain about coming off the bench. I cannot wait to access all the possibilities of GM interactions.

We FINALLY have trade demands! DeMarcus Cousins requesting a trade because the team is losing is PHENOMENAL. We can finally have Carmelo Anthony and Dwight Howard situations. Requesting trades because they're unhappy with the team, because of broken promises, etc. I remember when I specifically requested this feature, and i'm incredibly happy it's made it into the game.

Imagine a scenario where you have a superstar player, and they come to you demanding a trade because of continuous years of team mediocrity? If you refuse to trade them, i'm sure they'll drag the team morale down until you get rid of him. It's really going to make managing your team a very fun aspect of your franchise.

I can only imagine what else 2K has in store for us with this mode, but right now, just knowing what we know, it's already 100X more realistic than the bare bones association mode we've had the past few years. What are some of you guys plans for your MyGM? And what else do you hope 2K has included in this mode?

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #7
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Well, so much for an "in depth look at MyGM".
Old 11-04-2013, 11:06 PM   #8
Pro

CookNBA03's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Well, so much for an "in depth look at MyGM".
Hopefully, they release it early tomorrow morning.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »