Home

Does anyone like this game?

This is a discussion on Does anyone like this game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-03-2013, 01:12 AM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Does anyone like this game?

I've been on OS for a while and I can honestly say that the Madden forum is the most negative forum on this site. Given, some of it is justified and EA has brought a lot of it on itself but, dang.

If I knew nothing about Madden and I came on this forum I'd think it is the worst game ever made. As much as I like being well informed there comes a point when all the negative talk just drags me down. I'm going to buy Madden 25 on the Playstation 4 and try my best to enjoy it.

I think sometimes we take for granted what we have with sports games. Are they perfect? Definitely not, but seriously, Madden 25 on Playstation 4 can't be as bad as everyone's making it out to be.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2013, 01:19 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Does anyone like this game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I've been on OS for a while and I can honestly say that the Madden forum is the most negative forum on this site. Given, some of it is justified and EA has brought a lot of it on itself but, dang.

If I knew nothing about Madden and I came on this forum I'd think it is the worst game ever made. As much as I like being well informed there comes a point when all the negative talk just drags me down. I'm going to buy Madden 25 on the Playstation 4 and try my best to enjoy it.

I think sometimes we take for granted what we have with sports games. Are they perfect? Definitely not, but seriously, Madden 25 on Playstation 4 can't be as bad as everyone's making it out to be.
EA brought all of this on themselves by making false promises and monopolizing the most popular sport in the country.

I agree that it crosses a line and nitpicking is at an all-time high, but when you do the above, that's life. They made their bed and they can lie in it.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:35 AM   #3
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
EA brought all of this on themselves by making false promises and monopolizing the most popular sport in the country.

I agree that it crosses a line and nitpicking is at an all-time high, but when you do the above, that's life. They made their bed and they can lie in it.
I hear ya, and I agree that if they make promises and don't live up to it, someone should point it out. But for me, personally, all the negativity becomes too much sometimes. When I watch the videos of Madden 25 on the Next-Gen system I'm pretty amazed at how good it looks. Given, it is in slow motion, and close up (as it's been pointed out many, many times). And it's true that we have yet to see gameplay footage, which disturbs me because I feel as though EA is not truly proud of their product. But dang.

EA's NHL game is far from perfect and in fact suffers from some of the same problems that Madden does (lack of atmosphere). But I love playing that game. It is fun.

If I can get the same result from Madden I'll be happy. I want to have fun playing the game. Of course I want it to get better, but if all you see, hear, and read are negative comments, those will probably alter one's experience.

Just a thought.

Streaming on Twitch
Old 11-03-2013, 01:56 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

Yes, I enjoy it a lot.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:58 AM   #5
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgramps
Yes, I enjoy it a lot.
Well there's one. Do you come to this forum often? It seems that if I read too many more posts I'm going to hate Madden 25.

Streaming on Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2013, 01:08 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 6

The very fact you had to start a thread to ask this question should tell you all you need to know.

What you see posted on this site is a mirror reflection of EA's performance. The overwhelming negativity of the posts speaks volumes.

Had EA been wowing us with innovation, working features, and solid game play the posts you read would have a completely different tenor, and there would be no need for us to have this discussion.

There are bound to be a few who truly enjoy the game, but those are in a notably small minority.

Last edited by Sturzinator; 11-03-2013 at 01:15 AM.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:58 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

As much as I play I wish I liked it more than I do. Its playable but just barely to be honest. Its the competition in my CFMs and my love for football that keeps me playing.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:04 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:

Do we take for granted NBA 2K and MLB The Show? Maybe. Do we take for granted Madden when the game LITERALLY has not improved since Madden 10? When YEAR after YEAR they reintroduce gimmicks to con us into buying the same game? What are you talking about dude? How are we taking Madden for granted? What a Joke.

Madden 10-Pro Tak / fight for the fumble (LOL)
Madden 11-Locomotion
Madden 12- Read and React? (Yea right)
Madden 13-Glitched Infinity engine and barely working CCM
Madden 25-Literally same game as 13, but as for the next-gen the only thing that looks to be improved is the grass.

So who's being taken for granted? I would say it's the hardcore football fans so desperate for anything that represents the NFL that we keep buying this sub par product.

So No I don't like the game but my love for video game football forces me to buy it. /Rant

Last edited by JrueToTheGame; 11-03-2013 at 02:32 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »