Home

Can Someone Give Me A List Of Cheese In 2K14..?

This is a discussion on Can Someone Give Me A List Of Cheese In 2K14..? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-02-2013, 01:43 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
Can Someone Give Me A List Of Cheese In 2K14..?

I been playing 2K since 2K7 and picked up a copy every year since & I am aware that there is no perfect game & there will always be cheese in this series or any sports titles for that matter whether we like it or not.

I know some years there are more cheese than others and some are more effective than others...With that said can someone give me a list of cheese for 2K14 and if possible how do you stop them...I want to watch out for these cheese plays when playing..Thanks in advanced.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Can Someone Give Me A List Of Cheese In 2K14..?

Off the top of my head.. things I consider unacceptable when I play online, which is rare, would be..

Backcourt charges.
Dribble left/right until defense breaks and fire a 3.
Double teaming pg everytime down the floor.

Short list but my definition of cheese is a tactic that the other player really can't do anything about. Other stuff like shooting only with 1 guy. Fire a ton of threes paint cheesing turbo smashing. That stuff to me is just really unrealistic but stoppable. I wouldn't call it cheese just non sim heads playing the only way they know how.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #3
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Depends on what your definition of cheese is. Some guys think it's cheese if the computer makes a contested layup.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:14 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

Like the above mentioned.

-Run back and forth until you get a open 3 with one player

-Double team/steal spamming.

-pumpfake/up and under cheese. 2k calls a lot of kickballs, but forget about getting a travel call. I don't bite on the up and under stuff. And dudes will do 2 or 3 up and unders causing them to switch pivot feet and slide all over the place. LOL.

Quiet as kept. The double team makes the ball very loose. Once you hit that double team button the ball has a very good chance of getting knocked loose. Whether your teammate runs into you, you run into your teammate or your opponent spams the steal button. The double team doesn't even have to arrive completely. So if you see someone trying to Iso and force in the paint alot, you better hit the "double team" button ASAP and stay in front of your man. I didn't realize this until I started hitting the double team button myself.

I never used the steal and block button often in 2k games. This year it's welcomed with really no major penalty. On the perimeter, call for a double and mash steal. Inside the paint mash the block button once the shot goes up to get more missed layups. LOL.

Last edited by magicman32; 11-02-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #5
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA Money14
Off the top of my head.. things I consider unacceptable when I play online, which is rare, would be..

Backcourt charges.
Dribble left/right until defense breaks and fire a 3.
Double teaming pg everytime down the floor.

Short list but my definition of cheese is a tactic that the other player really can't do anything about. Other stuff like shooting only with 1 guy. Fire a ton of threes paint cheesing turbo smashing. That stuff to me is just really unrealistic but stoppable. I wouldn't call it cheese just non sim heads playing the only way they know how.
That's not cheese, that's bad basketball.

Backcourt charges? Hesitate before you start to move, then dribble wide and you got yourself a 5-on-4.

Zigzaging to shoot a 3? Move with him and anticipate the change of direction. Most of these type of bums tend to take the majority of their shots from the 5 major spots on the 3pt line (corners, wings and top). Anticipate shots from these spot while using the right stick to contest. They're really just waiting for you to jump. When they see that you aren't jumping they'll get impatient and begin to force bad shots.

Double-teaming your PG? Stop before half so you have extra space to operate. Dribble wide again to beat it. If you decide to pass just remember that longer passes are riskier. Once you beat the double you'll have a 5-on- 3. Space the floor and you'll find an open shot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #6
Rookie

BoxyCougar's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
That's not cheese, that's bad basketball.

Backcourt charges? Hesitate before you start to move, then dribble wide and you got yourself a 5-on-4.

Zigzaging to shoot a 3? Move with him and anticipate the change of direction. Most of these type of bums tend to take the majority of their shots from the 5 major spots on the 3pt line (corners, wings and top). Anticipate shots from these spot while using the right stick to contest. They're really just waiting for you to jump. When they see that you aren't jumping they'll get impatient and begin to force bad shots.

Double-teaming your PG? Stop before half so you have extra space to operate. Dribble wide again to beat it. If you decide to pass just remember that longer passes are riskier. Once you beat the double you'll have a 5-on- 3. Space the floor and you'll find an open shot.
Agreed. Just play smart basketball and you'll beat those cheese.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #7
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Biggest one ive seen online, especially in money games is putting the PG at halfcourt then inbounding the ball to him after a made basket. The defenders dont get back in time and the Center/PF almost always gets a free lane for a dunk. They just lead pass him to the rim.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon

Last edited by EarvGotti; 11-02-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:18 PM   #8
MVP

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Biggest one ive seen online, especially in money games is putting the PG at halfcourt then inbounding the ball to him after a made basket. The defenders dont get back in time and the Center/PF almost always gets a free lane for a dunk. They just lead pass him to the rim.
Lowering the 'Crash Glass' tendency helps with guys getting back. Haven't had someone abuse this for an entire game though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »