Home

Exhausted bigmen

This is a discussion on Exhausted bigmen within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-02-2013, 04:23 AM   #1
Pro

ffpp's Arena

OVR: 6
Exhausted bigmen

Why is it that bigs in this game get tired so fast ? While some of my guards can easily go up to 40 minutes I they have to, others struggle to reach 30 or even just 25 minutes in a single game.

Example: (player - stamina)
Lillard - 99
Aldridge - 83
R.Lopez - 73

* Lillard can basically play as much as I like.
* I even had to play Aldrige with only two bars of stamina left during important stretches in that game and he reached only 32 minutes at the end.
* R.Lopez was on the floor as much as he could while staying above two stamina bars if possible. He got only 23 minutes of playing time...

The whole team had two days of rest, then one medium training session right before the game, btw (asociation). I get that this is factored in for the fatigue. Overall to me it still feels like bigs are tired out too quickly.

Should this be fixed in the rosters ? Patched in the game even ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2013, 04:49 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Exhausted bigmen

I might be imagining things, but the slower the player, the quicker he tires? Say a 99 speed takes 5 seconds to get from one end to the other, but a 50 takes 10, the 50 is sprinting for longer so uses more stamina
Old 11-02-2013, 05:15 AM   #3
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

Nah, it's the sig skill, Bruiser.

It wastes your bigmen.

Stupid from 2K, that they'd give a big man like Aldridge who plays 36 mins a night, stupid that they'd give him stamina of 75 or 82 or whatever it was.

All the stamina ratings are whack, imo ... I've been getting into my career, and those rosters are so bad, its a bit of a gamekiller for me after tweaking my own rosters & playbooks for 2 weeks for franchise mode.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:34 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

The other day I played as Golden State just after I got the game, was really pushing the tempo and just playing around getting used to the controls. Bogut had around 16mins in the first half but early in the 3rd he was so fatigued he wouldn't jump for rebounds. Benched him and he came back on and he was fine for an 8 min stretch later in the game. Personally I like it though haha.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:26 AM   #5
Pro

ffpp's Arena

I also thought of the bruiser skill but it seems to happen the same way in every game. I didn't check if there was always an opposing big with that skill around.

The constant turboing seems to be a problem, though. I always cringe when I receive the inbounds pass from my center, dribble the ball upcourt extra-slow and he starts turboing towards his position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2013, 07:53 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffpp
The constant turboing seems to be a problem, though. I always cringe when I receive the inbounds pass from my center, dribble the ball upcourt extra-slow and he starts turboing towards his position.
Yes! That's the main issue! Also, ever noticed that you big always turbo back on defense? This was also present in last years game but This year it's even worse. I raised the stamina of all bigmen in the game by 15 points to counter this. Was a lot of work but well worth it.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:05 AM   #7
Pro

ffpp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by petz_e
Yes! That's the main issue! Also, ever noticed that you big always turbo back on defense? This was also present in last years game but This year it's even worse. I raised the stamina of all bigmen in the game by 15 points to counter this. Was a lot of work but well worth it.
Good idea.
It should make the game more challenging again if you play against a team which's most important player is a PF or C. I just played against the Kings and their best player in Cousins barely played around 30 minutes. Factoring in that he was most likely playing half-exhausted all the time he was on the court, this should really impact his performance (he had 13 points and 11 rebounds though).
Old 11-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

it depends on how you use such players. you have to remember in real life big men usually do not have the same stamina as the smaller players. there are exceptions due to there athletic ability. so if your using a big and spamming the speed button your going to gas him out. chasing fast breaks or things of that nature. stop using your centers and power forwards like guards and his stamina will last longer. i have learned to not use that speed button very often.

i normally play power forward and i start to get gassed by the the beginning of the third quarter if i chase around everything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »