Home

Crowd audio

This is a discussion on Crowd audio within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-29-2013, 04:52 AM   #1
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

OVR: 3
Crowd audio

I just popped in MLB 12 the show and wow the first thing I noticed was how great the crowd audio was. They realistically react to the play and aren't drown out by the ambient cheer effect that's in 13. The crowd bothers me a ton in 13 as it really takes me out of the experience IMO . Hope they change it back in 14

Anyone else feel the same?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2013, 01:25 PM   #2
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Crowd audio

I think MLB 14 has the opportunity to bring the smartest crowd audio yet on the PS4. I'm hoping for one, that extra inning marathons and blowouts where the stadium largely empties, the atmosphere is better reflected by having the sounds of the crowd/stadium more realistic for those kind of games.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:56 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by @legendm0de
I think MLB 14 has the opportunity to bring the smartest crowd audio yet on the PS4. I'm hoping for one, that extra inning marathons and blowouts where the stadium largely empties, the atmosphere is better reflected by having the sounds of the crowd/stadium more realistic for those kind of games.

I completely agree and sincerely hope that the PS4 version of this game brings a very smart version of the crowd.

One thing that has always bothered me about The Show and really most baseball games for that matter is that the crowd doesn't roar when the ball finds it's way out of the infield or hits the ground in the outfield on a game winning hit until the runner crosses home plate.

In real life the crowd goes nuts when they recognize the hit because they know the run will score.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:04 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 24

Seems backwards. Crowd roars on a routine fly ball to the outfield but are somewhat silent on a sure homerun, until after it clears the wall.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #5
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

I agree. Last night, I hit a walk off GRD and the crowd was cheering like it was when Jon Jay came up to bat. No enthusiasm.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2013, 04:17 PM   #6
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

OVR: 3

worst part about the crowd in 13 is that they cheer way too loud when they absolutely shouldn't cheer, and then they don't cheer at times when u expect them to.

perfect example is the loud crowd roar when any home team player simply fouls a ball... they didn't do that in 12

also if the home team hits a routine grounder the crowd cheers (which is good) but they continue to cheer when the player is called out at first.. that cheering should completely stop once he's out.. again this works as it should in 12
Old 10-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #7
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Crowd audio

Also the first inning standing and roaring crowd like it's game 7 of the world series is a little too much.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:01 PM   #8
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
Also the first inning standing and roaring crowd like it's game 7 of the world series is a little too much.

Yes that has always annoyed me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »