Home

Best Madden ever?

This is a discussion on Best Madden ever? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-27-2013, 12:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Best Madden ever?

Curious as to what people think was the best Madden ever and why. Hope tv to get as many replies as possible. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2013, 12:54 AM   #2
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Best Madden ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turk
Curious as to what people think was the best Madden ever and why. Hope tv to get as many replies as possible. Thanks
I would Say 06 on the PS2/Xbox is the best Madden ever. A great game all around.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:12 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Is this franchise still scripted? I believe they introduced a furby/scripted/handicap system in 09...?

Madden 09 Ad... Hit 'Madden 09 TV Spot (leon)' into Google search

From the official description...

Quote:
In Madden NFL 09, the game engine is continually assessing the player's performance and adapts a custom experience to every type of gamer, from newcomer to the veteran Madden NFL player
Been put off by the cutesy furby gameplay in FIFA & NHL.

Are 2K games scripted?

From the official description...

Quote:
In Madden NFL 09, the game engine is continually assessing the player's performance and adapts a custom experience to every type of gamer, from newcomer to the veteran Madden NFL player
Been put off by the cutesy furby gameplay in FIFA & NHL.

Are 2K games scripted?
Old 10-27-2013, 06:27 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Does the engine favour/impose higher custom difficulties on the better gamers? Does the current Madden handicap/punish good plays a lot? What's it like online for corporate controlling/compressing skill & intelligence?
Old 10-27-2013, 07:34 AM   #5
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I played the other football game last gen, so for the current gen I like Madden 10 and 25 the best. If madden 10 didn't have that foolish stuttering when a play breaks free on the run it would be near perfect in my opinion.

My only real complaint with Madden 25 is the bad calls. I've seen a ton of plays where the game gets the call wrong, whether it's a fumble, fumble recovery, first down, or sideline catch.

PS: Game play wise I also though Madden 13 was decent, however I couldn't really enjoy it because the players just looked too ridiculous when they made contact with each other. All the rag doll falling over each other ruined the game for me.

Last edited by JMD; 10-27-2013 at 07:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2013, 09:09 AM   #6
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

While I could be tempted to go with 05 for ps2 or 08 for PC,I have to go with '12.

I think it has the best graphics,presentation,cameras ,very solid gameplay with good sliders.You can either edit in franchise or w/the benefit of the editor and just enough that was added for franchise that year.

I admit to not playing much of this years to give it more consideration since the patch.At least some of the annoyances were corrected I suppose.It would take something significantly better though to take me away from '12.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:10 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

Madden NFL 06. First year of Superstar Mode and game was fun.

On PS2 of course.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:38 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

The one I remember playing the most, Madden 05 on PC. I used to be fully entertained playing a full season on 15 min quarters. These days I cant even play offline, or online for that matter but online offers a better challenge for me

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »