Home

Found a sure fire way to get the CPU to take penalties....

This is a discussion on Found a sure fire way to get the CPU to take penalties.... within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-25-2013, 08:30 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
Found a sure fire way to get the CPU to take penalties....

It will probably be considered cheese. But, for those of us who are having issues with the lack of a realistic amount of power plays, it works. I just had back to back Be A GM games, where I played got 7, and 10 power play chances, against Boston, and Phoenix. I was the Red Wings.

To get the CPU to take a penalty, simply go offside intentionally, shoot the puck on net, then skate towards the nearest board, and stay there, The CPU will follow you, and rough you up. Do not retaliate, and stay as close to the boards as you can. This will result in a roughing call against the CPU 7 out of 10 times.

This sometimes will result in an instant fight. You can avoid this by turning off fighting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #2
Rookie

Fuzzface93's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Found a sure fire way to get the CPU to take penalties....

Who cares? That's the same thing if you had trouble scoring, you would max out shot power and accuracy and lower goalie reaction speed to get a goal That's not fun or realistic...

Penalties?

EA Sports -- It Might Not Even Be In The Game..
Old 10-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #3

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Anyone can get penalties if they really try, the easiest way to get penalties without making them forced, is just to make player discipline be the minimum amount, then you'll get like 3-5 a game with maxed sliders. Only negative would be that it ruins gm mode, but for people who don't play it anyways, they won't care
Old 10-26-2013, 10:31 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzface93
Who cares? That's the same thing if you had trouble scoring, you would max out shot power and accuracy and lower goalie reaction speed to get a goal That's not fun or realistic...
well....it's better than nothing.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:50 AM   #5
Banned

CelticHeart's Arena

OVR: 3

my god this is the most useless discussion that i ever seen.....your are so smart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
It will probably be considered cheese. But, for those of us who are having issues with the lack of a realistic amount of power plays, it works. I just had back to back Be A GM games, where I played got 7, and 10 power play chances, against Boston, and Phoenix. I was the Red Wings.

To get the CPU to take a penalty, simply go offside intentionally, shoot the puck on net, then skate towards the nearest board, and stay there, The CPU will follow you, and rough you up. Do not retaliate, and stay as close to the boards as you can. This will result in a roughing call against the CPU 7 out of 10 times.

This sometimes will result in an instant fight. You can avoid this by turning off fighting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2013, 07:42 AM   #6
Pro

mikeymayhem's Arena

OVR: 3

haha this is great for stats but completely ruins the game play your best bet is to wait for Ea to address (probably never) or wait for the revamped roster.
with the player edits we have been having great great game varietys with all types of penalties.
it has a lot to do with each players fatigue, aggression and discipline.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:47 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeymayhem
with the player edits we have been having great great game varietys with all types of penalties.
it has a lot to do with each players fatigue, aggression and discipline.
Very interested in this. What player categories did you edit? Only fatigue, aggression and discipline?
Old 10-28-2013, 05:47 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 12

Max penalties and then max poke and stick lift for cpu. I get penalties all day. When these are lowered the cpu is less likely to use. Also aggression cant be below 4 and really only needs +1 hit power.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »