Home

Who are the next gen Commentators?

This is a discussion on Who are the next gen Commentators? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-25-2013, 03:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 10
Who are the next gen Commentators?

Are they the same group? i haven't heard any news about it and was curious if someone had any information about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2013, 03:49 AM   #2
Pro

d23x's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Who are the next gen Commentators?

Yep, same guys.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:56 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 8

I don't think you can find something better considering that ESPN is with EA. Among TNT I really like Cwebb and Reggie Miller, but if 2k didn't find an agreement to have them as players, I doubt that they would be commentators

I would really like a multilanguage commentary, at least for the countries where there are really popoular commentators from national televisions (Italy, France, Spain). I undertand that it's quite impossibile though
Old 10-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #4
Rookie

doublek's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
I don't think you can find something better considering that ESPN is with EA. Among TNT I really like Cwebb and Reggie Miller, but if 2k didn't find an agreement to have them as players, I doubt that they would be commentators

I would really like a multilanguage commentary, at least for the countries where there are really popoular commentators from national televisions (Italy, France, Spain). I undertand that it's quite impossibile though
You know what could be cool? If we can have a rotating guest commentator say
you have Steve Kerr for game 1 and then the next game is CWebb or Reggie Miller or something like that. And they'll provide different dialogues/insights than the other guest commentators.
Old 10-26-2013, 01:19 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

They honestly just need to wait for ESPN's contract with Live to run out and hop on that. ESPN and 2k deserve to be together.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2013, 01:27 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 6

I always find Steve Kerr boring as a commentator. They should get another commentator. Why do we have to stuck with him every year. I guess it's too much to dub everything all over if they pick a different person for commentating. I like Kenny Smith from 2k7...maybe it's time to get him back again along w/ Webber. Their tone and voice is more interesting imo...just to spice things up.

They should also use Ernie Johnson just for the Halftime Show. C'mon 2K, it's the next gen...make it big for 2k15.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:07 AM   #7
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
I always find Steve Kerr boring as a commentator. They should get another commentator. Why do we have to stuck with him every year. I guess it's too much to dub everything all over if they pick a different person for commentating. I like Kenny Smith from 2k7...maybe it's time to get him back again along w/ Webber. Their tone and voice is more interesting imo...just to spice things up.

They should also use Ernie Johnson just for the Halftime Show. C'mon 2K, it's the next gen...make it big for 2k15.
Every year ,they just signed the guy a year or 2 ago, as for Kenny Smith he is not there because the 2k community ( not including myself) made it loud and clear they wanted him gone.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:39 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq

BOO THIS SO MUCH.

Kerr is amazing, and he makes the game sound like an authentic broadcast because of his natural, stammering delivery.

Now if we had Webber or Kenny as a 3rd to replace Kellogg, I'd be perfectly fine with that (though I don't really share the Kellogg hate).

They should really get Fitz and Jim Barnett as a second team. They're local, Fitz has done NFL 2K, and Barnett's retiring. His schedule should clear up and they should immortalize Barnett digitally in a video game.

Last edited by Sundown; 10-26-2013 at 02:42 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »