Home

No Practice Plays in Next-Gen

This is a discussion on No Practice Plays in Next-Gen within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-24-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16
No Practice Plays in Next-Gen

I won't b#$ch and moan/complain sufficeth to say i'm disappointed. I could deal with this on CG because the PS4 and Xbox1 versions of the game wouldn't make the same mistake. I still have love for 2K and am a HUGE fan but I literally would have to have all my other legacy issues resolved (defense stick, turnovers, online, defensive momentum, maxing out strategies and zone weaknesses) to justify a purchase without practice mode.

I'm not the guy who will bug out because the injured guys don't have on suits, the sixers red is wrong, evan turner doesn't have on his "Li Nings", thad young doesn't have all his accessories or that the ratings aren't perfect. I can totally overlook all of that as I can fix all that myself...but I spend most of my time not online? IN PRACTICE.

p.s. Points of Emphasis sounds great. Hope you guys have a blast.

Last edited by Kushmir; 10-24-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: No Practice Plays in Next-Gen

We talkin' 'bout practice?
Old 10-24-2013, 10:10 AM   #3
Rookie

Just practice during quick play? This seems like a really small gripe to have imo. There's no mode that says practice, but that doesn't mean you still can't practice. Idk, I personally am not at all upset about it, so maybe there's more who disagree with me than agree.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #4
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MafiosoNYY
Just practice during quick play? This seems like a really small gripe to have imo. There's no mode that says practice, but that doesn't mean you still can't practice. Idk, I personally am not at all upset about it, so maybe there's more who disagree with me than agree.
Oh for sure....looks like 2K looked at the metrics and basically came up with the same thing. Just means i'm in the minority. No big deal...hopefully it'll be back in 2K15.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:48 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
Oh for sure....looks like 2K looked at the metrics and basically came up with the same thing. Just means i'm in the minority. No big deal...hopefully it'll be back in 2K15.
That is a terrible way to decide whether a mode or function belongs in a game. The way this is going, Sim going to go the way of the Whigs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2013, 01:00 PM   #6
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

I'm right there with ya! I'm not a fan of getting rid of features, modes, or options just to bring them back as new modes next year. I was waiting out and hoping next gen had practice plays mode back (as like you I spent 80% of my time with game there), but now knowing it's gone for now I will wait til it returns whether that's 2015 or 2025.

Like you said we are minority. Wonder what would happen if they took practice plays out of madden? No labbing would cause an uproar. I know people say go to scrimmage (it isn't the same or even close). I would just be curious to here devs respond and tell us why. Not ignore it. Especially to long time supporters and fans of the series. Being upfront and honest will always get my respect. Ignoring and running does not. Lol
Old 10-24-2013, 01:04 PM   #7
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

^ Agreed 100%, would like to hear the reasoning... instead of the cloak and dagger the DEVS are pulling about Practice Plays.

A game made to simulate basketball w/o a way to practice plays, damn that's about as real as it gets , I forgot that real life teams don't practice the plays, no walk throughs, no half speed, no full speed w/o defense to get timing down.

I am really disappointed right now and have even had notions of bypassing NG, not that "that" is gonna happen as I am ready to move on from the 360. But I am feeling that more of my NG time will be with BF4 now than it was before yesterday.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6
Icon2 Re: No Practice Plays in Next-Gen

I do not understand this. One of the first things I do is put on some music and head to pratice plays so i can put a custom Celtics playbook together that I can use once I get traded to Boston in MyCareer.

those diagrams certainly do NOT represent what you will get on a play with a live defense. thats what practice was for, 2k is so good that practicing plays was actually fun!

I'm really getting worried about some of my other favorite aspects of NBA2k and if they made it to NG.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »