Home

Important Stats for Drafting Players

This is a discussion on Important Stats for Drafting Players within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-23-2013, 11:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Important Stats for Drafting Players

Alright, usually me and a friend do a draft class guide that some people like, and some people hate. While I was looking at what has already been created so far, and seeing what was actually useful to know in game I came to a few realizations.

#1 With Development being so much cheaper to raise this year (half the cost of last year) it is no longer as important that the player be a star or quick development. It just speeds along the process by a little bit.

#2 Typically intangible stats (catch, route running, power moves, etc..) are significantly cheaper to raise than physical stats.

#3 Not all positions can raise every stat. Sure there are ways around this (position changes in off-season) but those are mostly a pain.

So I thought to myself, instead of focusing on the development of the players, I wanted to find out a couple of things...

For each position, which stats are not trainable.

Also...

For each position, what are the most expensive stats (ones that get to cost over lets say 30k per point in the 90's) and which are the most expensive for each position.

based on this information I want to make a table to lists these things, then possibly do a draft guide that more or less tailors to this information.

I have often been asked if there was any way people could help me with my guides, and so if possible I'd love the help finding out those things I asked for earlier. Which stats can and can't be trained per position. Which are the "expensive" stats for each position. I will make a 2nd post and keep editing it based on the feedback from the thread and my own research.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Important Stats for Drafting Players

*reserved for compiling information*
Old 10-24-2013, 07:26 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

This is a good idea.

I've always just taken the stance of "You can't teach speed". The physical attributes always cost a lot more so for most positions I'll scout speed and acceleration, then go from there
Old 10-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #4
MVP

Easy, scout physical grade. If it is an A the player can be made great. Combination of speed, acceleration and agility. Everyone seems to overlook agility which is important to making a player a beast.
Old 10-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

How does agility affect their play? What does help them to do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2013, 03:47 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
How does agility affect their play? What does help them to do?
Ability to change direction quickly. Defensive players have to change directions first(agility), then accelerate to speed to catch a player. Also, offensively, it affects your receivers getting open and your backs switching directions. Make sure your slot receiver has great agility.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:45 PM   #7
Just started!

The physical attributes always cost a lot more so for most positions
Old 10-27-2013, 10:55 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
Ability to change direction quickly. Defensive players have to change directions first(agility), then accelerate to speed to catch a player. Also, offensively, it affects your receivers getting open and your backs switching directions. Make sure your slot receiver has great agility.
thanks. figured as much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »