Home

[B]When Will 2k Get Rid Of ALL Arcade Aspects And Go 100% Sim?[/B]

This is a discussion on [B]When Will 2k Get Rid Of ALL Arcade Aspects And Go 100% Sim?[/B] within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-23-2013, 09:37 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
[B]When Will 2k Get Rid Of ALL Arcade Aspects And Go 100% Sim?[/B]

I know that 2k is a simulation franchise but they do have to consider the arcade side also. While I will say that the game is more simulation then arcade as beautiful and as real as next gen looks they should just go all in simulation and get rid of what we call arcade and ALL aspects of it.

It will change the way ppl play the game and actually make them think. I dont think it will hurt NBA 2k's sales as much as they probably think b/c when someone loses in a realistic manner and understands the reason why they lost they will actually try to replicate real basketball and then there will be no place for arcade/fakeness in 2k and they can leave that to nba jam or some other game where it belongs. Now there is no longer a dilemma between balancing fake with real.

For example here's some arcade for you. They know ppl like to dunk alot so they have ppl who cant even dunk rated to high and I have seen how unrealistic some of the vertical ratings for some of the point guards are and how unrealistic some players strength ratings are. Also the tendencies that are out of whack and with all the high crossover tendencies rondo thinks its and 1 and goes mano e mano more than he probes the defense on pick n rolls.(boris diaw dunks to much also LOL dunk tendency waaaay to high)

They know ppl like fastbreaks and exciting plays so anybody can pull off alley oop passes and dunks more without even thinking about who is passing the ball and Im starting to think that they made the defense so slow to get back on d with the jogging animations to give these arcade guys a window to score b/c the d is a little better then last year when set.

They know ppl like to hit those tough shots like a kobe in the clutch or in key situations to excite the game so baa baat prigioni just made a fadeaway or drifting three(coincidentally at a pivitol point in the game) LOL. Its totally possible to score 40 points in 6 min quarters with kyrie irving why b/c it excites, sometimes the d might suck but it excites.

You get what im saying they want to keep both sides, arcade and sims engaged so dont expect not to see a window of opportunity for a guy to come back when he has no idea what he's doing strategically. Mike Wang my dog but its possible it could be some I robot type shh going on with the game or our minds could very well be playing tricks on us.

All in all At least make a 100% sim game ONE time(take out as much arcade as possible if you cant take out ALL) to see what type of reaction you get b/c ppl will buy the game regardless. 2k11 was the closest thing we ever had to a sim experience in my op and most ppl say it is the best 2k ever so what does that say. I know it doesn't say loss in sales.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #2
MVP

Colts18's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: [B]When Will 2k Get Rid Of ALL Arcade Aspects And Go 100% Sim?[/B]

Never. They have to sell albums
Old 10-23-2013, 11:00 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

I think the two most arcadey things that are holding the game back are forcefields on the sidelines/baselines and a lack of 100% live-ball.

I remember in one of the old Live games (maybe even NBA 2K5), they had two styles of play (or how the rules were enforced) - Arcade and Simulation. In arcade, there was no such thing as out of bounds. Crossing the sidelines or baselines wasn't a turnover. There weren't any fouls or rules enforced (except the 24 second shot clock I think).

Now, 2K protects you from going out of bounds by having forcefields, which are especially strong on the sidelines. They might as well be like the old Live games and not have out of bounds if sidelines and baselines aren't respected.
Lack of a 100% live ball allows people to dribble like madmen with no conscience and no concept of fear, even with the increased tangibility of the ball this years game. It just can't be in certain situations. It has to be tangible ALL the time.

If 2K somehow patched these two elements into the game now, the games would be turnover-fests, since most people are so careless with the ball. But eventually they would learn to be careful with the ball.

2K don't have coding issues with the live ball, they could clearly implement 100% if they wanted to. As for the sidelines/baselines, the would probably have to improve the awareness of players so that they don't go out of bounds when receiving a pass.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik

Now, 2K protects you from going out of bounds by having forcefields, which are especially strong on the sidelines.
Sometimes you get forced out of bounds by a defender and there are no contact animations that allow you to stop from being pushed out or fouls...
Old 10-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS
Sometimes you get forced out of bounds by a defender and there are no contact animations that allow you to stop from being pushed out or fouls...
You could try spinning the other way by rotating the RS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2013, 11:57 AM   #6
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

When?

I don't see it happening because of the ****** crowd has to be addressed, they outnumber the sim communtiy. At most we can ask for is the balance keep swinging towards the sim side which it did with 2K14. Also some of the sim aspects are held back because of coding time I believe.

• The game doesn't fully respect fatigue which is part of the problem of being able to score ridiculous amounts of points in short spans.
  • Being able to play tight D high pressure with little effects on offense.
  • Being able to turbo around on offense and having little impact on defense for multiple possessions. This would have to be rewritten
  • Good shot vs. bad shot selection again they have to program for this but this is a sim aspect that hasn't been programmed/coded all the way or respected.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

never. only racing games are 100 percent sim or darn close to it. the rest need to cater to ****** and hardcore gamers
Old 10-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #8
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

You can't... My friends wouldn't play the game. Every year someone wants to get rid of the arcade. But I need it to keep my non basketball friend happy. Because the game is just too much for them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »