Home

When is Madden going to start using REAL positions?

This is a discussion on When is Madden going to start using REAL positions? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-21-2013, 09:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
When is Madden going to start using REAL positions?

I am sure this has been brought up in the past, but when is EA going to use real positions instead of these fake "simplistic" positions?

WLB
SLB
LCB
RCB
X
Y
Z

They need to put these in and then have a players abilities and physical attributes fit specific positions and then have their ratings take a decline when put in a position that isn't native to them.

Like Welker is a Y. He is one hell of a Y. One of the best in the NFL. But if you put him at the Z, he will still be a NFL caliber WR. But he wouldn't perform as well as the Welker we know.

The same can be said for the Linebacker and Corner positions.

For those who just play the game, then you probably don't have much of an opinion on this and it makes no difference to you.. But for us who play deep dynasties simming & playing the games or coaching, these different specific positions can bring a different level to player evaluation, building a team, drafting and free agent signings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2013, 09:39 PM   #2
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: When is Madden going to start using REAL positions?

They won't because the casuals have no idea what that stuff means.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:43 PM   #3
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
This. Everything they change is geared towards making the game more accessible for the random 7 year old that has no knowledge of the game. They want anyone to be able to pick up a controller and play.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:44 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Beat me to it. They will start using the actual positions when the casual audience stops bringing in the majority of their revenue. I.e. Never
Old 10-21-2013, 09:46 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Yah a part of me figured that would play a factor. But like I said, the ones who just play the game and play online, you won't see these positions. 7 year olds play the game, not dyansty. Again, you won't see these positions when you are just playing a game via exhibition mode. And if you are dynasty/franchise person and you don't know what these positions are and mean, then having them on the game would be a great way to learn.

Maybe have an option when beginning to the dynasty to turn these positions on or something?

I just think it would make the franchise mode, player evaluation and drafting so much more realistic when you have these positions in them, and have to place certain players at certain positions, or else take a rating hit if you have them at say a SLB rather than their native position of WLB. Or like my Wes Welker positions. The same with corners. The LT/RT (depending on what hand your QB is ) should also play a factor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #6
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec4Life
Yah a part of me figured that would play a factor. But like I said, the ones who just play the game and play online, you won't see these positions. 7 year olds play the game, not dyansty. Again, you won't see these positions when you are just playing a game via exhibition mode. And if you are dynasty/franchise person and you don't know what these positions are and mean, then having them on the game would be a great way to learn.

Maybe have an option when beginning to the dynasty to turn these positions on or something?

I just think it would make the franchise mode, player evaluation and drafting so much more realistic when you have these positions in them, and have to place certain players at certain positions, or else take a rating hit if you have them at say a SLB rather than their native position of WLB. Or like my Wes Welker positions. The same with corners. The LT/RT (depending on what hand your QB is ) should also play a factor.
Believe me I totally agree with you and it's a good idea. Unfortunately, I don't think it will ever happen. If it's something the casuals don't care about or understand then we will probably never see it.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:04 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Believe me I totally agree with you and it's a good idea. Unfortunately, I don't think it will ever happen. If it's something the casuals don't care about or understand then we will probably never see it.
ya

If anybody has ever played Football Manager by SI, you'd know how amazing this can be. I became a soccer fan simply off that game. Most in depth sports game I've ever seen. Must for every franchise enthusiast even if you don't like soccer.

These position additions are simple adjustments by programmers that can propel franchise mode to the moon.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

It's a video game to appeal to the masses

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »