Home

Weird sent down in "Live the Life"

This is a discussion on Weird sent down in "Live the Life" within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Weird sent down in "Live the Life"

Ok guys i understand there was a problem with being sent down after the first season but now i got a strange thing. I probably had one of my best games in the season (5 point night) then 4 questions which i ended up getting ups in team mate and management points, all off a sudden i get send down, while leading the league in points - only by a bit though after scoring 14points in the last four, giving me 86p in 69gp. No explanation at all, just being there at Utica. This is just so random!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2013, 08:26 PM   #2
Rookie

CaptainSuperman's Arena

Re: Weird sent down in "Live the Life"

The game probably figured that you enjoyed sandbagging more than competition, so they sent you down to an easier league to score 100 points every game and be the Wayne Gretzky of the Mickey Mouse league.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #3
Rookie

Its ridiculous, i have now 19 points in 4 AHL games no call up and thats playing with a lazy attidute. I could live with it if i got a warning before but being sent down as the NHL scoring leader, playing first line with no power play time is crazy, but not as much as scoring 19 in 4 and not being called up again since management and coaching apparently liked my play.

Last edited by Peter10; 10-19-2013 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:50 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

Dude, up the difficulty!!!
Old 10-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #5
Rookie

synjin's Arena

OVR: 1

Yeah, I've been sent down a couple times (I'm leading my team in points as well and playing 1st line with no PP). Both times it was when someone came off of injury and they were over the roster limit. My OV is the lowest on the team (St. Louis) and I'm not waiver eligible, so I figured that was why.

Whenever you get sent down, you get evaluated for a call up every 8 games (barring no injury call-ups, where you might go up early). Both times I got sent down, I played 8 games and dominated and got called back up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2013, 02:47 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by speels
Dude, up the difficulty!!!

Maybe when i get called up again. Didnt have time to continue yet but will see how it goes.

@CaptainSuperman
I dont know why you suggest i am one of those guys who plays this to score like 300 points a season.

I am actually a pretty bad player, just go figure i score those number while playing full games without simming on Pro! And if you take out the late run where i kind improved over the last 10 games or so, i scored below a point per game. Since i havent played much BAP since the early days of NHL12, i figured its the best way to start easy and slowly turn up the difficulties/sliders as i get better.

The thing why i started this rant was mainly because it felt so random and maybe because i did some drinking out of frustration. This game (and its predecessors) always give you a little thing after another that makes you want to play more only to slap you in the face with something ridiculous.

I think one of the main problems here is, that all the decision making in the game is mainly based on ratings and not how you "perform". I suspect this is one of the reasons for those weird sent downs/call ups, the problem that one doesnt get any special team icetime early in the NHL career or being the last of the 18 skaters in the shoot out.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #7
Rookie

Ok guys, sorry if i go on here but it keeps being weird. I played another game and after that i got told that management liked how i did and they decided to call me up. However, i stayed in the AHL for some reason and now got demoted to the 3rd line.

Its getting comical now but i will keep on playing. You cant get send down to ECHL do you?

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by synjin
Whenever you get sent down, you get evaluated for a call up every 8 games (barring no injury call-ups, where you might go up early). Both times I got sent down, I played 8 games and dominated and got called back up.
Ok i cant confirm that one. I played 8 games now and saying i dominated would be an understatement (i wont say how much i scored, otherwise i get called a puckhog again, eventhough the majority of my points comes via assits ) and i am still on the third line.

Last edited by Peter10; 10-28-2013 at 06:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »