Home

Is NBA 2k14 really such a big dissapointment?

This is a discussion on Is NBA 2k14 really such a big dissapointment? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-16-2013, 05:00 AM   #1
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Icon5 Is NBA 2k14 really such a big dissapointment?

Hey guys,
NBA 2k12 was the first BB game that I played after NBA Live 1999 and after skipping NBA 2k13 I was thinking about picking up 14. But now after reading how dissatisfied many are with the game I'm not sure any more if i should really spend my money and time on it. Does NBA 2k14 really have that big amount of issues or is it just some people nitpicking?

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2013, 05:05 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is NBA 2k14 really such a big dissapointment?

I think the main thing about it is that a lot of the issues from 2K13 haven't been fixed or even looked at
Old 10-16-2013, 05:18 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

Dissapointment? Many people (mostly sim guys) are more than happy with 2K14..ofcourse there are some bugs but it's definitely better game than 2K12 AND 2K13. Cam't remember 2K11 because I didn't play it as much.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:36 AM   #4
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

The A.I. is broken on defense IMO. My team leaves guys wide open all the time regardless of what coach setting I have. I like the new controls and game is still great, but time for a patch to fix some glaring problems .
Old 10-16-2013, 06:01 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

In my opinion when i watched gameplay on youtube nothing show that they added 3000 new animation, nothing.
I waited for new gameplan like into the song of fly union "long run" for the classic bulls, nothing have been improved, same playbooks since 3 years.
Same dunk for Jordan, same ugly routine three frow for Malone, same googles for Grant with the Magic 1995, same classic court with current paint.
No new classic team while we are waiting for the Suns 1993 since 2 years.
I waited for a 9,8/10, and at final it is just a 9,2 or 9,3 it is not normal because it was the same note last for nba 2k13!!

Nba 2k12 = nba 2k14, no difference.

I advice to every people to not buying ps4 to show to 2k we are not stupid.

Now, do what you want.

For my part i didn't buy nba 2k14 on my ps3!! Everybody who bought it, is not really satisfied.
To be frankly with you, i wait news on ps4 to see if they will add new features with Jordan, but i have no hope. They will argue that they didn't know the PS4 so it was difficult to programm new feature???

And you know for me, nba 2k13 a lot of people said that the game is not good, give me the suns 93 and other classic team and i will love 2k13 for all my life of course with better triangle offense.
When i see in france nba2k14 has the place number 3 after gta5 and fifa 14 i'm crazy!! Everybody buy this game.
It is not the solution.

But to be honest with you again, there is something which give me a tempt to buy 2k14, maybe the new spacing in triangle, but when i watch than every classic team can do it i think it is not normal.

Open your eyes guys!!!!

For the moment i try to enjoy nba 2k12 and 2k11. Itsi my drog, when i watch the graphism of 2k11 it is incredible and i will have just a little more on ps4 i'm sure.

Last edited by PJBrownHeat; 10-16-2013 at 06:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2013, 06:47 AM   #6
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
The A.I. is broken on defense IMO. My team leaves guys wide open all the time regardless of what coach setting I have. I like the new controls and game is still great, but time for a patch to fix some glaring problems .
Rotations man. See how teams collapse in real life. It was so unrealistic in previous games. It's my favourite thing about this year's game.

I for one am not disapointed with NBA 2K14. It is a finished product. It is polished. It is pretty good.

I think it needs some balacing and tweaking though. Online speed is too high by default. I think for a better experience default gamespeed should be set at 46.

Offline there is no doubt in my mind that with a good set of slider/roster this game will be the best ever and it won't even be close. If you have a PC with mods, there is no hesitation imo.

Last edited by Vni; 10-16-2013 at 06:53 AM.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:04 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 26

Before edits. Yes. A big disappointment due to the cpu controlled teams behaviour. Bigs are rarely involved. The mid range/pull up game is severely lacking and the cpu struggles to run playbooks effectively causing it to go freelance mode which normally results in on of the ballhandlers forcing his way inside at all costs.

After all the edits required to get improve the Cpu's behaviour. No. The game plays great.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:57 AM   #8
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJBrownHeat
In my opinion when i watched gameplay on youtube nothing show that they added 3000 new animation, nothing.
I waited for new gameplan like into the song of fly union "long run" for the classic bulls, nothing have been improved, same playbooks since 3 years.
Same dunk for Jordan, same ugly routine three frow for Malone, same googles for Grant with the Magic 1995, same classic court with current paint.
No new classic team while we are waiting for the Suns 1993 since 2 years.
I waited for a 9,8/10, and at final it is just a 9,2 or 9,3 it is not normal because it was the same note last for nba 2k13!!

Nba 2k12 = nba 2k14, no difference.

I advice to every people to not buying ps4 to show to 2k we are not stupid.

Now, do what you want.

For my part i didn't buy nba 2k14 on my ps3!! Everybody who bought it, is not really satisfied.
To be frankly with you, i wait news on ps4 to see if they will add new features with Jordan, but i have no hope. They will argue that they didn't know the PS4 so it was difficult to programm new feature???

And you know for me, nba 2k13 a lot of people said that the game is not good, give me the suns 93 and other classic team and i will love 2k13 for all my life of course with better triangle offense.
When i see in france nba2k14 has the place number 3 after gta5 and fifa 14 i'm crazy!! Everybody buy this game.
It is not the solution.

But to be honest with you again, there is something which give me a tempt to buy 2k14, maybe the new spacing in triangle, but when i watch than every classic team can do it i think it is not normal.

Open your eyes guys!!!!

For the moment i try to enjoy nba 2k12 and 2k11. Itsi my drog, when i watch the graphism of 2k11 it is incredible and i will have just a little more on ps4 i'm sure.
So you are condemning a game you have never played.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »