Home

Lebron 85 3pt rating...

This is a discussion on Lebron 85 3pt rating... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-14-2013, 10:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Lebron 85 3pt rating...

So I know lebron is the cover boy but 85? Better than Klay thompson at shooting 3s? james harden,kyrie,d-will,almost on par with ray allen,carmelo all worse than lebron at the 3 ball? The man had a high percentage because he didnt take much, not because he made them LOOL. Cant even sag off of him much like i did in 2k13
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2013, 10:45 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Lebron 85 3pt rating...

Lebron didn't take alot, but he converted over 40pct of them. Come on son, What's the debate here? You leave dude open, he'll convert it.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:47 PM   #3
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

oh, so i can shoot 200 3's and make half, and you can shoot 400 and make 1/3rd but you get the higher rating?

thats what the tendency rating is for...
Old 10-14-2013, 11:00 PM   #4
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargyallis
So I know lebron is the cover boy but 85? Better than Klay thompson at shooting 3s? james harden,kyrie,d-will,almost on par with ray allen,carmelo all worse than lebron at the 3 ball? The man had a high percentage because he didnt take much, not because he made them LOOL. Cant even sag off of him much like i did in 2k13
They couldn't sag off of LeBron in real life as much last year either, he showed that his long range jumper had improved significantly and his willingness to take them when he was given them grew.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:44 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
Lebron didn't take alot, but he converted over 40pct of them. Come on son, What's the debate here? You leave dude open, he'll convert it.
That's precisely why he shouldn't be rated that high. If Klay Thompson only took selective threes, he'd convert at a higher rate as well. And Klay shoots over twice as many, often after movement off a screen (which is a little harder than spot up shooting), while guarded primarily for that shot.

You can't base ratings purely on FG%, because it doesn't scale with usage. Higher usage = less efficiency. Lower usage = easier, less contested shots taken.

This is also why camp-in-the-corner Korver doesn't deserve a higher rating than Curry (not to mention that Curry takes insane off-the dribble shots in volume).

Also want to say this sort of simplistic, casual, context-less analysis is PRECISELY why we get messed up rosters and the kind of methodology the 2K Insider would use.

Last edited by Sundown; 10-14-2013 at 11:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2013, 11:46 PM   #6
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

I agree. Lebron can shoot, but he shouldn't be in the same discussion as KD. If Lebron has a 85, KD should have at least a 90. And everyone else should fall into place.

I don't believe in giving ratings based on percentages.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof

Last edited by quehouston; 10-14-2013 at 11:49 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:59 PM   #7
MVP

nova91's Arena

LeBron's 85 3pt rating and his 3pt tendency still only translates into him shooting ~41% from 3 and taking about 195 3s a season, at least in the 3 seasons I've simmed in association and the 1 I played in MyCareer.

Last edited by nova91; 10-15-2013 at 12:17 AM.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:52 AM   #8
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

OVR: 0

It definitely has a lot to do with tendencies. Sure, Lebron only took 224's or so, but he doesn't have a high 3pt tendency, and will only attempt a certain amount. Volume doesn't change accuracy, just because a player takes a lesser amount of shots doesn't make him any less accurate. I still think guys like Harden, Ray Ray, and Klay Thompson should have a higher 3pt rating, but for a dude who shoots 40% from 3pt, it seems accurate. Also, guys like Stephen Curry and Kevin Durant benefit from having signature skills and other attributes that highlight their shooting proficiency. Lebron is basically a glorified spot up shooter, and is proficient from both corners, and from the right wing, but he'll take the open shots and occasionally shots off the dribble. However, Kevin Durant and Steph Curry excel in shooting off the dribble, and this is where their superior shooting comes into play, the ability to make more difficult and contested shots due to sig skills such as shot creator, deadeye and their superior shoot off the dribble attribute. It's not all about a single attribute. Shooting is about a combination of tendencies, attributes and signature skills, thats why you cant just look at Lebron's 3 pt rating and deem it too high because there's so many other factors that come into play other than rating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »