Home

The Great Games Thread

This is a discussion on The Great Games Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-11-2013, 10:04 AM   #1
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
The Great Games Thread

I figured I would make a thread so that we can post about the great games we have..whether it be against the CPU or online...we can post box scores/ team stats etc....or maybe just the story behind your great games...

I'll start with a surprisingly gritty game for a quick match online:

I hate Carmelo so much, he ended up sealing the game after I came back from down 12..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #2
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The Great Games Thread

I had a really good game online quick match last night. I was Portland and the other person was Boston. Game was going back and forth every time I would pull away say 6 -7 point lead. Bradley or Crawford would hit a three. 9 seconds left in the game he is up by one, I run a punch play to Aldridge score to go up by one. He comes down tries to iso Rondo get in the paint throw a couple up and under fakes I don't bite on none he kicks it to Bass who clanks the shot lol. I win
Old 10-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

.9 seconds and rondo iso's, attempts an up and under and dishes to Bass? I knew rondo was fast but damn. Did 2k add bullet-time in this years game?
Old 10-11-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

In my Association with Lakers I was 2-3 before this game. Earlier today my PC shut down and I lost 1 quarter of this game and started again later this evening... We were going shot for shot whole game long. And in the fourth Aaron Brooks makes a three to take the lead by 3. I call iso post for Kobe and he got double teamed and Nick frickin' Young makes a three. That was the loooooongest three I ever took...nothing but net. First overtime it was all squared and with 32 seconds Gasol looses ball in the post against Howard (Harden poked it..didn't see double team coming ) and Parsons slams it home. I have a chance to take the lead. 27 seconds to go..Again ISO for Kobe at the top of the key, I see Pau cutting to the rim and pass it to him from the post, he fumbles the ball but recovers it and makes a tough layup over Dwight. Last Rockets' possesion in first overtime with 3 seconds to go and Harden takes a three with Kobe's hand in his face..barely misses it. Second overtime...again all square...They have attack with 20 seconds to go. Aaron Brooks aka Michael Jordan in disguise...makes a tough layup over Pau and Hill..0.8 to go..I call timeout...put Nash as inbounder and Kobe as a receiver for a alley oop...of course 2K wants to **** me up and puts frickin' Jordan Hill as inbounder...I fake out Harden with Kobe and throw an alley oop and Kobe slams it REVERSE STYLE...They have 0.4 seconds to go and they commit a turnover..I have a ball at the halfcourt..give it to Kobe who takes a quick-release-three with Harden in his jaw....it goes in...little too late. Last and third overtime Kobe took over and scored 6 points in 2 minutes...then Aaron Broo..I mean Michael Jordan Brooks takes over and scores two quick threes and once againt I have last possesion of the game...Took Harden to the post with Kobe...fake to middle, fake to baseline -> shimmy fadeaway..BUT I saw Nash wide open and passed it to him as Kobe was about to shoot and Nash makes a three to win the game...2 seconds to go...and Harden makes a deeeeeeeeep two(almost a three)...We win by 1. BEST GAME EVAH

Old 10-18-2013, 02:08 AM   #5
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14
The Great Games Thread

Just had a strategic duel against this guy in quick match. Probably the toughest legit player i've ever faced (His PSN is LakersForever12, in case you PS3 guys run into him online). His Thunder vs. my Nuggets.

First quarter was super competitive, we are trading baskets. He runs this 3-2 zone with these CRAZY rotations, that gave me fits the entire game. Mind you, he's playing on ball defense the entire time. Tied at 17 after the first.

Second quarter, i let it slip away a little. He comes out and punches me in the mouth and builds up a 7 point lead. A go on a run and bring it back within 2 going into halftime.

Third quarter comes and i start getting hip to is game offensively. Get a couple big blocks from Javale on some Westbrook layups, and KD goes cold. I pull out to an 8 point lead. Then out of NOWHERE, Reggie Jackson hits 3 straight 3's on me, and im down one. But a half court buzzer beater from Nate Robinson gives me a 53-51 lead going into the 4th.

Then KD goes crazy on me. Hitting all kinds of contested 3's and and 1's. Im lucky enough to keep the game knotted up with a minute left. I go up by 2 on a Javale Mcgee dunk with 15 seconds left. Who else but Kevin Durant hits a heavily contested THREE to go up by one with 3.8 seconds left. Im thinking "The balls of this guy to go for the win."

BUT, I inbound the ball at half court and immediately drive to the hoop with Ty Lawson. Nothing was there so I kick out to Danilo Gallinari for a WIDE open 3, and he cashes it for the win.

I let out the BIGGEST sigh of relief. Those kind of wins feel good, just a well fought game throughout. All legit, no cheese.

Sent from the Laboratory at SimNation Headquarters using Tapatalk
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof

Last edited by quehouston; 10-18-2013 at 02:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »