Home

32 team Online Franchise - we need slider help

This is a discussion on 32 team Online Franchise - we need slider help within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-10-2013, 06:40 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 23
32 team Online Franchise - we need slider help

Hey guys,

We're looking for some sliders for our Online Franchise... We're full at 32 owners and we've been tinkering with things all year but can't seem to get the game "fixed" lol

Some of the issues we have...

1. QB accuracy
-- seems like Average and Below Average QB's are just as good as the Elite QB's... We recently made a change, dropping QB acc down to (4) but now we're seeing QB's miss WR's by 15 to 20 yards lol...

2. Defense
-- I'm not sure what setting effects this, but, the pursuit angles by the Defensive players is down right awful... Several times per game, my cpu defenders just stand there as a the ballcarrier runs right past them... Its almost like the game doesn't initiate a tackle animation? any thoughts?

3. User Controlled Defender
-- I'm starting to notice, a few times per game that I lose control over the user controlled defensive player that I'm controlling... I'll be running towards the ballcarrier then get redirected and miss the tackle, or, I'll be chasing a ballcarrier from the side, trying to get an angle on him, and the game for whatever reason doesn't allow me to get the angle I want, but rather forces me into the angle it wants me to have... any thoughts?

Any advice would be appreciate... If there is a thread somewhere about User vs User Online Franchise Sliders, please direct me there as I couldn't find one.

Thanks

-Cg

psn - CeeGee
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 32 team Online Franchise - we need slider help

I play user vs user quite a bit. Here are my thoughts. First, QB needs to be at 3 or 4 to keep things reasonable. Yes they will miss some throws, thats realistic though. Beyond that, I like to crank everything up in favor of defense. Pass block at 0, turn run block way down, tackling at 100, put pass defense and reaction time all the way up. Threshold at 25 or so. In madden, a lot of times the winner is whoever can get 1 or 2 stops, thats not how real football is. If you want to score you have to make plays these settings make you do that.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #3
Banned

What the guy above me suggested is what we do too and for the same reasons. Only thing different is QB Accuracy is at 6 for us (we started at 5 but the "game" was missing short drags across the middle way too often).

As for "the game taking over and making me take "it's" angle." Turn off Heatseeker. Especially if you have tackling at 100 for user.

You can also, mess around with penalty sliders to "tweak" the defense, some of them work exactly as is suggested on these forums (face mask is huge for "wicked hits" the higher it is, but, more penalties.), while others.... they are "theories" that you'll get one guy saying does "this" or another guy saying it does "that".

But,, I am REALLY glad someone started this thread (I tried once) because, there are a BUNCH of people that come here looking for USER VS USER sliders and most of the threads are either user vs CPU, or they require you to play with "user restrictions" and lengthy time settings that will not work for an online CFM.

If the slider gurus would like to give us (user vs user) some help here,,, man, I would sure appreciate it.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #4
Just started!

Alright guys this is my first post.

I know this has probably been discussed before but I am having an issue with user vs user sliders as well.

The league I am in, has 9 GM's, We are currently using Charters sliders, however when user vs user games happen they do not use 1)accel clock, not sure why? 2)seems like it doesnt even load in the custom sliders?

I know the first game I played in my league yesterday, was the worst game play Ive ever played on? I feel like it was in Pro difficulty mode. Kick real slow, but everything about was just awful.

When user vs CPU games happen, the sliders are fine, accel clock, kick speed...everything.

Is there something else that needs to be done for custom slider sets to be in user vs user games?

Sorry for posting in your thread, but you actually would have this problem every game since you are 32 teams deep.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-18-2013, 04:09 PM   #5
Banned

Nawww,, this is the EXACT right thread (IMO) to post anything for user vs user sliders. Especially, since it's already a week old and still only has a limited number of posts in it. I am absolutely positive that there are a huge number of people coming on here to FIND user vs user sliders and there is NOTHING. Lmao,,, it's almost as bad as asking EA for info on a patch........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #6
Rookie

RG3MVP's Arena

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-custom.html?

I strictly play user vs CPU, however I believe certain sliders must be adjusted.
Believe it or not, I get better gameplay on AP.

However, these things must be adjusted.

Qba: 4-6
Rblk:0-25
Wrc: 25-45

PassRt: 60-75
Ints: 10-20
Pcv: 60-75

Tack: 60-100
Also raise threshold to 100 to help slow down read option better and edge runs imo.

Gamespeed fast also makes it more of challenge @ qb play imo.

If you guys are looking for penalties, I have those pretty good now too.
I'm updating my ? thread
Click the link @ the top if your wanting penalties, etc.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #7
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
Hey guys,

We're looking for some sliders for our Online Franchise... We're full at 32 owners and we've been tinkering with things all year but can't seem to get the game "fixed" lol

Some of the issues we have...

1. QB accuracy
-- seems like Average and Below Average QB's are just as good as the Elite QB's... We recently made a change, dropping QB acc down to (4) but now we're seeing QB's miss WR's by 15 to 20 yards lol...

2. Defense
-- I'm not sure what setting effects this, but, the pursuit angles by the Defensive players is down right awful... Several times per game, my cpu defenders just stand there as a the ballcarrier runs right past them... Its almost like the game doesn't initiate a tackle animation? any thoughts?

3. User Controlled Defender
-- I'm starting to notice, a few times per game that I lose control over the user controlled defensive player that I'm controlling... I'll be running towards the ballcarrier then get redirected and miss the tackle, or, I'll be chasing a ballcarrier from the side, trying to get an angle on him, and the game for whatever reason doesn't allow me to get the angle I want, but rather forces me into the angle it wants me to have... any thoughts?

Any advice would be appreciate... If there is a thread somewhere about User vs User Online Franchise Sliders, please direct me there as I couldn't find one.

Thanks

-Cg
I'm also a slider guy for User vs Cpu, but I think my set might be good for User vs. User. Check out this set:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-tweaked.html

I've been tweaking the heck out of the penalty sliders and think they might help affect your game (both sides of the ball). I also like setting a lot of the sliders to zero which imo accentuates the ratings of the players more.

As to your specific questions, I would say this:
1. For me, personally, I HAVE to have QB ACC at 30-31. This may seem high compared to what you guys are playing at, but I'll tell you why. At 32, the QB ALWAYS throws the ball somewhere near on target and max passing works extremely well. At 31, you will start to see a few errant passes (completely missing wide open WRs), but for the most part, the QB will make accurate passes. So, this may still be too high for you and how you like to play, but just as an FYI, you might want to start at 31 and work your way down, because as I said, at 31, you WILL see errant passes.

2. The pursuit angles thing. I think this is tied to punt catch interference AND roughing the kicker. Sounds weird, I know, but I think this is where this problem lies. I have roughing the kicker at 68, and really like what I'm seeing. You can see this easily on kick returns. If you set this to zero, you will see the coverage guys taking 'instant' angles to the ball carrier and you can set up blocks easily and get big returns. At 68, you will NOW see coverage guys maintaining their lanes, so that the overall global pursuit to the ball carrier is better.
3. I'm still working on the punt interference one and can't quite find the spot. I think this slider AND Heat Seeker have to do with this problem. I have noticed at 60 or higher, you WILL see the early wrap up tackle animations where the defender attempts a slow wrap up tackle, and you just look at him with a puzzled look on your face as you run around him. So, I'm trying to set this number at 32-50 somewhere. For user vs user, you could try this at ZERO so that you hopefully NEVER see that animation. Also, turn Heat seeker off. This is kind of tricky, because heat seeker does help with tackling in general even if you don't 'use' it. With it on, you will see the early wrap up tackling animations that you are looking to stop seeing. However, with it on, you also get to line up your wicked hit sticks better as well. I have turned my heat seeker off, and am instantly feeling like I no longer know how to tackle, and will really whiff at guys, so turning this thing off is ultimately probably the best thing to do, but you may have to learn how to tackle again lol.
I've got pretty thorough explanations of the penalty sliders as I see them in that thread, but another one that I specifically like to share is setting the Offensive and Defensive PI to 62. I really like the WR/DB interactions I see with this.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #8
Rookie

This is my second season year tweaking user-user sliders, and this year has been a lot harder than last year and I still don't have it right.

It might be worth while for several of the GMs running 32 user team franchise to post what their sliders are set too and what they are still having issues with, we might be able to spot some patterns.

I know right now in my league it is still too easy to pass, guys are wide open and the pass rush is terrible. The run blocking (and kick return blocking) are ridiculous.

I've read that the penalty sliders can be game changers, but so far I've been reluctant to change those since there doesn't seem to be a consensus on what they do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »